Turkmen visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Alexschwab.nz

Re: Turkmen visa Q&A

Postby Alexschwab.nz » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 pm

Glad to be of service Steven.
Have emailed agencies as requested by the embassy in regards to obtaining a LOI for a transit visa supposedly $15 for the LOI.

Will update with any news
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:04 pm

Ok, great, that is news to me. I will ask around as well. Last year nobody I talked to knew how to issue such an LOI.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Alexschwab.nz

Postby Alexschwab.nz » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:45 am

Ok, seems like the embassy is misleading me and pegados misguided themselves. All agencies in Turkmenistan are replying back offering me only tours with an LOI for a regular visa and no LOI for a transit visa. Aka a dead end loop.
Though the agencies themselves also state that no LOI is necesary for a transit visa.

Either I'll try in Beijing or next up in Bishkek.
0 x

Juan M

Postby Juan M » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:59 am

Spanish passport. Applied in Rome embassy, ​​transit from Kunya Urgench to Turkmenbashi. Additionally, I requested the collection at the border.

I sent all the documents by email and I paid 10 euros as 'consular fee'.

After four weeks I've just received a brief email with the approval and a code (ID). I hope it will serve me at the border to get my passport.

Juan M.
1 x

sfymoises

Postby sfymoises » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:00 pm

Juan M wrote:Spanish passport. Applied in Rome embassy, ​​transit from Kunya Urgench to Turkmenbashi. Additionally, I requested the collection at the border.

After four weeks I've just received a brief email with the approval and a code (ID). I hope it will serve me at the border to get my passport.

Juan M.

Hi Juan

I'm interested in your way. What ducuments did you prepar? Have you offered a questionnaire or something? Because I saw the embassy website says.

Best!
0 x

wanderlust2

Postby wanderlust2 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:21 pm

I too would like to know the details.

Not sure if this should be a separate post and will re-post is required. I would like to know if anyone has info on the success rate for a transit visa at Baku versus Tashkent for 2018-2019. There seems to be a relaxing of rules so to speak; has that translated to a higher success rate at either or both consulates?

Thanks in advance,
Ani.
0 x

Jérôme

Postby Jérôme » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:14 am

Hi everyone,
A little question here : I have applied for a turkmen transit visa (no answer yet) which should begin the 10th april. I'm on Iran and I would like to extend my visa. I know I Can change the dates of the turkmen visa, but even if I pick it up after the 10th ? Or even later ?
0 x

Juan M

Postby Juan M » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:42 am

Hi,

These are the documents I sended:

* Passport copy

* Questioner filled and signed

* Visa application form filled and signed

* Transit visa form filled and signed

* e-visa for Azerbaijan

Here you have the details:

https://italy.tmembassy.gov.tm/en/consu ... -procedure

Regards,

Juan

sfymoises wrote:
Juan M wrote:Spanish passport. Applied in Rome embassy, ​​transit from Kunya Urgench to Turkmenbashi. Additionally, I requested the collection at the border.

Juan M.

Hi Juan

I'm interested in your way. What ducuments did you prepar? Have you offered a questionnaire or something? Because I saw the embassy website says.

Best!
1 x

Granite2018

Postby Granite2018 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:43 pm

Jérôme wrote:Hi everyone,
A little question here : I have applied for a turkmen transit visa (no answer yet) which should begin the 10th april. I'm on Iran and I would like to extend my visa. I know I Can change the dates of the turkmen visa, but even if I pick it up after the 10th ? Or even later ?

I applied for a 5 day transit visa in Baku in November 2018. The invitation letter issued by the embassy was not date specific, it was valid for a single entry within three months of being issued. Not sure if this has become standard.
2 x

Tass

Postby Tass » Tue May 28, 2019 9:05 am

Hello all!

I'm planning to apply for a Turkmen transit visa from the London embassy, but I'm confused by all the paperwork. Would appreciate help from people who have successfully applied for a visa.

The embassy website has two separate visa application forms. One of them is labeled as the "transit visa application", but the very first section in this document asks for inviting party details. What should I fill into these fields? Or should I just use the regular visa application form instead? Also, in the questionnaire there is a field for the "Name of the head of applicant company/organization". Should I just fill my name here?
1 x