Turkmen visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
will1

Re: Turkmen visa Q&A

Post by will1 »

Hi! I'm hoping to get a transit visa to travel through Turkmenistan from Azerbaijan and on to Uzbekistan. One of the requirements for the transit visa seems to be that you need visas for the countries you are travelling from and to in advance, but UK passport holders no longer need to get an Uzbek visa.. Has anyone tried to apply for a Turkmenistan transit visa without already having a visa for the country of onward travel?? Many thanks for any advice!
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

There's a reason you are asked to read the visa page before asking questions here...
1 x

Bethany

Post by Bethany »

Hi Tass

This is probably too late for you now but im case anyone else is looking the forms on London embassy Web page are outdated.
Email below address and they will send you and editable pdf form instead. From my understanding this means you no longer need to visit in person.
[email protected]

Hope that helps.

Tass wrote:Hello all!

I'm planning to apply for a Turkmen transit visa from the London embassy, but I'm confused by all the paperwork. Would appreciate help from people who have successfully applied for a visa.

The embassy website has two separate visa application forms. One of them is labeled as the "transit visa application", but the very first section in this document asks for inviting party details. What should I fill into these fields? Or should I just use the regular visa application form instead? Also, in the questionnaire there is a field for the "Name of the head of applicant company/organization". Should I just fill my name here?
0 x

sam1918

Post by sam1918 »

40 minutes ago an extraordinary (UNCONFIRMED YET) news has come out that Turkmenistan's president Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov has died last night... If that's true (most likely it is) and there will be change of regime, then do expect changes with the visa policies and procedures. Based on the changes in other Central Asian states with a similar political regime, we might see Turkmenistan becoming more open to the outside world.
0 x

noahdich

Post by noahdich »

its a fake news though.
Just read in an online Russian newspaper :lol:
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

0 x

will1

Post by will1 »

bwv812 wrote:There's a reason you are asked to read the visa page before asking questions here...
Hi, not sure if this was meant for me or another post. I did read the the visa page - no mention of what to do if you don't require a visa to your onward country of travel (in this case a UK passport going to Uzbekistan).

Cheers,
Will
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

will1 wrote:I did read the the visa page - no mention of what to do if you don't require a visa to your onward country of travel (in this case a UK passport going to Uzbekistan).
Yes, there is.

And I guess that's why the page asks you to read it twice...
0 x

Gabacho

Post by Gabacho »

Hello everyone,
Has anyone got a transit visa recently coming inland from Uzbekistan and then flying to Aktaou in Kazakhstan ?
Do you need to already have your plane ticket to exit the country before applying ?
Thanks for your help !
Adrien
0 x

Gabacho

Post by Gabacho »

Or maybe go back to Kazakhstan crossing the inland border.
Do you have any news if this border is open ?
How can I go to Turkmenistan from Uzbekistan without having to go next to Iran or Azerbaijan (that I already know).

Thanks a lot !!!
0 x