Turkmen visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Turkmen visa Q&A

Postby steven » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:11 am

You seem to have some special connection to the regime since no one else got in during the games, so perhaps you can risk putting that in. For any normals traveler: they would be rejected immediately.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

eragon233

Postby eragon233 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:48 am

We've got a 45 days visa to support the games with catering staff, so I guess it's not that special 😀. I'm worried of this being an issue for me and the girl, as everyone knows the cameras are everywhere and I won't be able to roam that freely. And it might be a good reason to refuse the visa. Also, I'm not sure if when I specify where in staying do I need to provide some kind of proof like receipt or confirmation of booking.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Oh, I see!

No, hotel booking is not necessary. I would definitely not mention your girlfriend at all, ever. And take care where you meet. We already had some people get their girlfriends in trouble.
0 x

marten568

Postby marten568 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 am

Has anyone been able to apply for a Turkmen transit visa without already having the visas for the countries before and after (in my case Uzbekistan and Iran)? I'm afraid from a timing perspective I will not be able to show a copy of my Iran visa (I'm due to get that a few days before I would get into Turkmenistan). Thanks in advance for your help.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:22 am

marten568 wrote:Has anyone been able to apply for a Turkmen transit visa without already having the visas for the countries before and after (in my case Uzbekistan and Iran)? I'm afraid from a timing perspective I will not be able to show a copy of my Iran visa (I'm due to get that a few days before I would get into Turkmenistan). Thanks in advance for your help.

https://caravanistan.com/visa/turkmenis ... quirements has the answer
0 x

marten568

Postby marten568 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:20 pm

Thanks steven. I had read through your very helpful page which states you do need at least the exit country visa at time of application but I guess I was hoping to see if anyone had gotten around that issue (probably wishful thinking on my part). Thanks for all the info it's incredibly helpful.
0 x

marten568

Postby marten568 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:21 pm

I think I will apply for a Turkmen tour/visa since that seems to be my only option
0 x