Kazakhstan Visa on Arrival at Almaty Airport?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Ianroger

Kazakhstan Visa on Arrival at Almaty Airport?

Post by Ianroger »

Hi there,

The Kazhikstan embassy here in Canada is telling me to apply for a visa in advance , but I have read on this site and elsewhere that it is possible to get VOA s at Almaty airport. Anybody have any recent experience?

Cheers,

Ian
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kazakhstan Visa on Arrival at Almaty Airport?

Post by steven »

Hi Ian,

I would seriously not recommend that. Aside from the heavy price tag (count on 200$ all in total, vs 30$ normally) there are a lot of things that can go wrong. If you arrive outside opening hours, you're screwed. If someone misspelled your data on the LOI, you're screwed. Lots of room for problems.

Anyway, here is the text from our visa page just in case you want to do it. http://caravanistan.com/visa/kazakhstan/

The Kazakhstan visa on arrival is valid for 1 month and does not require additional registration with the Migration Police (OVIR) IF you get the two stamps at the border control (see registration chapter). You will in any case need a special letter of invitation for visa on arrival from a tourist agency. This can only be issued 1 month in advance and is quite pricey. It is not possible to get a Kazakhstan visa on arrival at a land border, nor at Aktau sea port.
The transfer desk works Monday-Saturday during office hours. If you arrive outside of these times, you will have to wait. If that takes more than half an hour, you will be questioned by the police and possibly be detained.
If the transfer desk is open, you can show your letter of invitation, pay another 70$ and receive your visa on the spot. Check to see if you have 2 stamps on your registration paper (the little white thing), it means you do not have to register with immigration services again.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

joe1fresh

Re: Kazakhstan Visa on Arrival at Almaty Airport?

Post by joe1fresh »

I am a Nigerian I want to visit Kazakhstan for this on going Expo2017 Astana. I need LOI to get visa on arrival. Can anyone help me on how to get LOI? Thanks
0 x