Russian tourist visa in Tbilisi, Georgia

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
grahammb_315

Re: Russian tourist visa in Tbilisi, Georgia

Post by grahammb_315 »

April 2019: British guy successful application for a 30 day single entry tourist visa in Tbilisi embassy, valid for specific travel dates. First got LOI, then filled out application online (alot of questions - only 10 spaces available for countries visited in 10 years, you can choose 'all countries' and list them in comments box). Then book appointment - was only possible to book an appointment for the following 7 days or so. Lots of available appointments. Bring required documents as stated on website. I also brought bank statements, travel itinerary but not necessary. Go to visa centre. No residence permit. 10 working day turnaround cost 115 GEL. Including weekend and bank holiday meant 16 calender days! Get to know Tbilisi! Receptionist spoke English well but at appointment not much English. Google translate.
2 x

Granite2018

Post by Granite2018 »

Successfully applied for a 30 day single entry tourist visa in mid-June. Irish citizen Was told that it would take two weeks but the issue date on my visa was only seven days after application.

Book your appointment online at Tass-Georgia and bring the documents they tell you to bring. Also, keep your Russian online password (the number they give you when you fill out the application form online). I copy pasted the inviting organisation onto my form in Russian, which is supposedly not allowed. After agreeing to pay a small fee to have it changed, the visa centre corrected it. That would not have been possible if I hadn't had the password with me.

Overall, it was a smooth and painless process.

I know of another Irish citizen who applied a few weeks after me and was also successful.
1 x

bedali

Post by bedali »

How fast can i get a tourist visa and how fast can I get a business visa in Tbilisi?
0 x

Qwasrb2

Russian visa in Tbilisi for Americans?

Post by Qwasrb2 »

Does anyone know if its possible for an American to get a tourist visa in Tbilisi? I see some blog posts, but nothing post covid and the local embassy doesn't seem to be answering emails.

If it's possible, what does it cost? And does anyone know if it's possible to cross the land border from Georgia (or Abkhazia)?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Dear Caravanistan Team

We have a update for your blog.
On our research we found out that the Russian Interests Section at the Swiss Embassy in Tbilisi suspended his visa service at the moment.
Link: https://georgia.mid.ru/ru/konsulskaya_s ... vizy_visa/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

GoldenPolyglot

Post by GoldenPolyglot »

steven wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:56 am
On our research we found out that the Russian Interests Section at the Swiss Embassy in Tbilisi suspended his visa service at the moment.
Qwasrb2 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:23 pm
Does anyone know if its possible for an American to get a tourist visa in Tbilisi?
I reached out to TASS and they said it is possible for an American to get a tourist visa in Tbilisi.
Qwasrb2 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:23 pm
And does anyone know if it's possible to cross the land border from Georgia (or Abkhazia)?
No idea about from Abkhazia (I'd assume yes) but the Russian/Georgian land border is open.
0 x