Uzbekistan visa on arrival: questions and reports

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Leon

Re: Uzbek visa at Tashkent airport

Postby Leon » Tue May 09, 2017 1:46 pm

Second time in Uzbekistan. Also no embassy in home country. Visa in the airport.No problem till now! I know that the answer come late...but is all about sharing experiences .
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan visa on arrival: questions and reports

Postby steven » Tue May 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Crazydre wrote: As much as I love this site, what it says about connecting in countries with an embassy is simply not correct.

Corrected! You may continue loving :D
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

BartNL

Postby BartNL » Wed May 17, 2017 5:55 pm

Hey!
We flew into Tashkent from Helsinki, with a 5 hour lay-over in Moscow. Finland doesn't have an Uzbek embassy, Russia does, obviously. We got our LOIs which clearly stated that we'd pick the visa up at Tashkent airport, I think this is crucial. Once we arrived (May 12, 2017), the visa booth (just before the passport controle in the right) at the airport was empty, but once the visa dudes felt like showing up, we had our Visas in a few minutes. No photos needed, just passports, proper LOI and clean, crisp dollar bills.
So: Visa on arrival no problem, even with layover in an embassy country, as long as your LOI States you pick it up at Tashkent airport!
3 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Postby Crazydre » Sun May 28, 2017 7:40 pm

BartNL wrote:No photos needed
Hrm, good to know that it's not enforced in practice, because my Uzbek sources told me it's required, and the airline staff may require it (as their database says it's needed), so I'd still advise people to bring two photos just in case the airline staff checks carefully.

BartNL wrote:So: Visa on arrival no problem, even with layover in an embassy country, as long as your LOI States you pick it up at Tashkent airport!
Thanks for confirming this. This is how it's always been according to my sources. It is only getting that type of LOI (which, as you say, is imperative) that requires you to show where you're commencing your journey (as the details get sent by the LOI agency to the MFA, who needs to approve it), not the visa issuance itself
0 x

michaelC

VOA in Tashkent coming from Pakistan?

Postby michaelC » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:21 pm

hi!

After reading through the thread, I'm still a bit confused...

I'm Australian citizen, first time coming to uzbekistan... I'll be spending a couple of weeks in pakistan before flying into Tashkent and after reading the VISA page and thread I was still a bit confused about whether with LOI (one ordered through the caravanistan site) I can get the VOA in Tashkent as there's an Embassy in Islamabad... the embassy report on the website by the cheerful german from april 2017 suggested 3 working days but I wasn't wanting to risk it as I was only planning on spending a 2-3 days in Islamabad anyway.

Any advice from wise people regarding this?

thanks Michael :)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: VOA in Tashkent coming from Pakistan?

Postby steven » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:18 am

michaelC wrote:hi!

After reading through the thread, I'm still a bit confused...

I'm Australian citizen, first time coming to uzbekistan... I'll be spending a couple of weeks in pakistan before flying into Tashkent and after reading the VISA page and thread I was still a bit confused about whether with LOI (one ordered through the caravanistan site) I can get the VOA in Tashkent as there's an Embassy in Islamabad... the embassy report on the website by the cheerful german from april 2017 suggested 3 working days but I wasn't wanting to risk it as I was only planning on spending a 2-3 days in Islamabad anyway.

Any advice from wise people regarding this?

thanks Michael :)

Hi Michael,

as the previous poster said: does your LOI state pick-up in Tashkent airport? If so, no problem.
0 x

michaelC

Postby michaelC » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:44 am

Hi Steven,

Okay thanks for your confirmation that seems to make sense!

Actually I've found that the flights coming from Pakistan to Uzbekistan via UAE around that time are pretty ridiculous and its way cheaper to go via Bishkek or Almaty so I'm planning on that route, with a few days at either, and reading the embassy reports it seems like you can get the Uzbekistan VISA on the same day at either with a LOI (https://caravanistan.com/visa/uzbekista ... a-support/).

So wondering which would be the best process - getting the LOI to specify Tashkent for VOA, or either of Bishkek or Almaty? Or doesn't it matter? Apologies if this is obvious it's still a bit confusing for me!

thanks michael
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi Michael,

I guess that's really up to you. It's probably easier to get it at the airport rather than at the embassy, though, since you have to stand in line, go to the bank, stand in line again,...you will waste the whole afternoon.
0 x

michaelC

Postby michaelC » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:22 am

Hi Steven, thanks for your advice... yes maybe airport is the goer... will give try that!
0 x

MaTian

Postby MaTian » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:26 am

so I need a LOI if I am applying for a visa at an embassy even though I am from a country that doesn't require an LOI?
0 x