Uzbekistan visa on arrival: questions and reports

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
SoCalguy

Re: Ouzbékistan visa on arrival for French Citizen

Post by SoCalguy »

I haven't looked too closely at the other visa guides on caravanistan but the uzbek one is extremely confusing. For example it states the details about the new visa regime and says it has begun to only later say that it actually won't start until 2021. The information is factual but could be written in a more coherent manner. Nonetheless, still very helpful, just had to re read it a few times.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi SoCalguy,

thank you for the feedback.

I think the first line is very clear: Only citizens of Kyrgyzstan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine have visa-free travel.

Don't see how that can be more clear.

But I added an extra headline: History of the visa-free flip-flop, to make a clearer distinction between the explanation that follows below the first sentence.

I try my best, but I am not a professional, just an amateur, and the guide is a work in progress, with weekly edits needed to keep it up to date. So sometimes things get lost in the process.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

You can get a visa on arrival, but you must have a LOI stating that the visa will be issued at Tashkent airport.
0 x

eldesquitado

Re: Uzbek visa on arrival at Tashkent airport for persons from countries w/o an Uzbek embassy?

Post by eldesquitado »

steven wrote:From http://caravanistan.com/visa/uzbekistan

It is possible to get a visa on arrival in Uzbekistan, but only at the airport of Tashkent. Single or double entry is possible. There are several requirements though.

You need to have a letter of invitation
There is no Uzbek embassy in the country where you are coming from (where your airplane is coming from, not your country of residence)
When entering from a land border into Uzbekistan, visa on arrival is not possible.

That's the same loi as for other visas, yes.
Hi Steven, from your experience, would you clarify what would count as a stop-over and would count as "country where the airplane is coming from" to be able to apply for the visa on arrival?
I plan taking a plane from Argentina (no Uzbek embassy) either with a long (20hrs) stop-over in Istambul with two short stop-overs in Istambul and a short stop-over and change of airline in Almaty.

Any clarification would be extremly helpful!!

Thanks, Eze
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan visa on arrival: questions and reports

Post by steven »

Hi Eze, I don't know. That is why, for security's sake, I advise that any stop-over, even if absolutely not long enough to get a visa, would already invalidate your claim to a VOA.

I could be totally wrong. I get very little info or experience reports from the Uzbek VOA. But this is how I interpret the law. If you find out something else, please share it with us.

If not, I recommend sending your passport to the embassy by mail.
0 x

eldesquitado

Post by eldesquitado »

Thanks a lot Steven. I have contacted the consulate in Washington (only representation in America) and they stated that country of departure would still be Argentina, even with a stopover. I will share any other information/experience I have.

Thanks,

Eze
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Great to read that!
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Re: visa on arrival in tashkent

Post by Crazydre »

steven wrote:According to my info, you can only get a VOA when your airplane is coming from a place where there is no Uzbek embassy
Although this is from 2013, it's not correct. As long as you're issued an LOI stating Tashkent airport as the place of pick-up, you can get it.
2 x

eldesquitado

Post by eldesquitado »

Hi Crazydre, can you please clarify that info for me?
If I am taking a flight, doing a 24 hr stopover in Istambul and then flying to Tashkent, you think I can still get the VOA in Tashkent Airport?

Thanks!!

Eze
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

eldesquitado wrote: If I am taking a flight, doing a 24 hr stopover in Istambul and then flying to Tashkent, you think I can still get the VOA in Tashkent Airport?

Eze
Yes you can. As much as I love this site, what it says about connecting in countries with an embassy is simply not correct. If your LOI states Tashkent as the place of visa issuance, and contains an MFA stamp stating the visa will be picked up in Tashkent, you'll get it, that's it.

If you're unsure of what Kind of LOI you have, please upload a copy of it (blacking out personal details)

Also, remember to bring two passport photos, because although I don't know how likely you are to be asked for them, it's officially a requirement and is also stated in the database used by airline staff.
Last edited by Crazydre on Fri May 12, 2017 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x