Uzbekistan visa on arrival: questions and reports

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: visa on arrival in tashkent

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports and questions on the visa on arrival for Uzbekistan below.

We summarize all info in the visa on arrival section of the Uzbek visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

paula

Uzbekistan visa on arrival: questions and reports

Post by paula »

I just heard from StanTours that once I have my LOI with me, I can be issued my Uzbek visa on arrival in Tashkent. I will be travelling with an Irish passport from London so I'm wondering if this info is reliable.. Anyone got any info on this?
Thanks Paula
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

According to my info, you can only get a VOA when your airplane is coming from a place where there is no Uzbek embassy. London has one, so I would say you cannot get it. Just my 2 cents, my info could be outdated again, but with a LOI you can get a visa very quickly at the embassy in London, so if you have the possibility, I would go for that stress-free option.

Sorry to add to the confusion, but hope it helps!
0 x

paula

Post by paula »

Thanks for that. I had seen this also on the London Embassy website. I am now leaving from Dublin with a 6 hour lay-over in Istanbul. I hope they will accept that I cannot get to and back from the Uzbek embassy in Istanbul in that short time..?
0 x

daktari10

Post by daktari10 »

Please do Paula! I have the excact same issue, 5 hour layover in istanbul, but coming from a non embassy country.
0 x

paula

Post by paula »

Will do - Back mid-august, if they let me in, that is...
0 x

steppejourneys

Post by steppejourneys »

Hi, those who want to obtain visa on arrival at Tashkent airport , even there is Uzbek embassy in their homecountry, they should show the reason why they get visa at airport not at the embassy. If you submit copy of plane tickets which shows you dont have time to obtain visa at the embassy you can get visa on arrival. But all these issues should be done well in advance and the travel agency in Uzbekistan who is arranging should do it and request MFA to issue visa at airport. Without LOI that has approval to issue visa at airport you can't get visa on arrival.
Hope all goes well with you Paula.
0 x

Soren

Tajik and Uzbek Visa on arrival

Post by Soren »

Hi,
Can anyone advice if it is possible to get visa on arrival at Dushanbe and Tashkent airport WITHOUT LOI when being a EU citizen? there are no embassies for these countries in Denmark. I will arrive in Tajikistan late september.
I guess an intended address is required on the visa application, so I probably need to contact a tour operator or hotel to arrange this.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Tajik and Uzbek Visa on arrival

Post by steven »

As it says on http://caravanistan.com/visa/tajikistan/ you can get a VOA in Dushanbe without LOI as a Westerner, but it will cost you more than a LOI.

As it says on http://caravanistan.com/visa/uzbekistan/ you can get a VOA in Tashkent only with a LOI.
0 x

Soren

Re: Tajik and Uzbek Visa on arrival

Post by Soren »

Hi Steven, many thanks and sorry for not reading the whole visa information carefully. I have seen a lot of mixed informations elsewhere.
0 x