To Abkhazia with single-entry Russian visa?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
mamalyga

To Abkhazia with single-entry Russian visa?

Postby mamalyga » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi,

I am currently in Russia on a single-entry visa. I am going to Sochi in a couple of weeks and would really like to visit Abkhazia. I am aware that a Russian multiple-entry visa is a requirement for entering Abkhazia, but I was wondering if there are any alternative options, e.g. through acquiring a Russian transit visa (I am not quite sure though how that would work).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: To Abkhazia with single-entry Russian visa?

Postby steven » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:12 am

Is there a Russian embassy in Abkhazia willing to give you a Russian visa? If not, you are very stuck.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

nitpicker

Re: To Abkhazia with single-entry Russian visa?

Postby nitpicker » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:23 am

It's not useful for OP, and it's validity is questionable, but anyway: Wikivoyage suggests that the Russian embassy in Abkhazia can issue a transit visa, but it's unlikely they will even let you out of Russia with only single-entry visa. It's not clear if the advice is based on any actual experience though.
2 x