China Visa in Germany

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Radelman

China Visa in Germany

Post by Radelman »

German ministry for foreign affair and some visa agencies announced that for obtaining a china visa you have to show your original previous invalid passport together with your actual passport if the actual one was issued after 01.01.2015.If old passport isn't available anymore you need an official letter from your office of issue in your home town.
Also you have to give a list with all visited countries after 01.01.2015 with purpose of travel and exact travel dates.

On the embassy page I couldn't find information about that.

Last year they also introduced this rule for G20 meeting for several nations.
Now it seems they do it again.

Maybe someone has experiences.
1 x

WitekM

Re: China Visa in Germany

Post by WitekM »

What nationalities does it apply to?
0 x

shaik786

Post by shaik786 »

I hold an Indian passport and the last time I applied for a Chinese Visa, was asked by the agency to produce previous/old passports along, which I did and got the Visa hassle free.

Produce the old passports if you can just to be safer, nothing to lose.
0 x

WitekM

Post by WitekM »

shaik786 wrote:I hold an Indian passport and the last time I applied for a Chinese Visa, was asked by the agency to produce previous/old passports along, which I did and got the Visa hassle free.

Produce the old passports if you can just to be safer, nothing to lose.

When did you apply? I don't have any old passports! This is my first one. How can I give them something I never had?
0 x

shaik786

Post by shaik786 »

My application was around Feb-15.

Since you don't possess any old passports, perhaps a self-declaration to this effect would suffice?
1 x

WitekM

Post by WitekM »

I guess they only follow this rule in Germany, heard about a girl in Laos who applied for Chinese Visa in March and old passport was not required.
0 x