Uzbekistan embassy in Vienna

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan embassy in Vienna

Postby steven » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Please read and post reports on the Uzbek embassy in Vienna below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Uzbek visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Wheels on the run

Uzbekistan embassy in Vienna

Postby Wheels on the run » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:48 am

Does anyone have experience with the Uzbekistan embassy in Vienna?

My boyfriend and I got LOIs through Caravanistan site (thanks for making this process so smooth btw!) and were told that the visa issuing process is taking 10 minutes when you have LOI (a guy from Vienna embassy told me that the only time I managed to speak to them). We sent our passports to Vienna (we are from Croatia) 2 weeks ago and still have not received them back! I've been calling them every day for the last seven days but there is no one ever picking up, or replying to my emails. We really didn't expect this to take that long and need passports back in order to apply for two other visas before we start traveling. Now I even worry that they might be lost on the way back to us. Not having any info about them is nerve-wracking.

Any info would be valuable! Thanks.
1 x
Croatia to Mongolia on a motorbike https://www.facebook.com/wheelsotrun/

Wheels on the run

Postby Wheels on the run » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:07 pm

So we finally got our passports back but only after more than two weeks of pulling our hair out and calling all possible Uzbekistan embassies in Europe. If it wasn't for the consul in Brussels our passports would be probably still in Vienna. He checked in their systems if our visas were approved (they were) and when we still didn't manage to get any info about passports (no phone, no email replies) he gave us mobile phone number of the consul in Vienna and told me to call him and demand our passports back :) Only after I called him twice and told him how I got his number (Minister of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan sounds scary, hey), they returned our passports. I don't think this was anything else than a lazy and careless way of work, but enough to drive us crazy.
So if anyone has problems reaching embassy in Vienna, try calling Brussels, they were super helpful. But be prepared to speak French as the consul only speaks francais :)
2 x
Croatia to Mongolia on a motorbike https://www.facebook.com/wheelsotrun/

azzaren

Postby azzaren » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:06 pm

Maybe we got lucky, but we've had a very different, much more streamlined experience with this embassy. When we called, they answered all our questions, no appointment necessary. The key must've been going in person, but we've probably spent under 10 minutes inside the building before getting our visas without issues.

Using Topchan Hostel for your LOI is highly recommended, they only charge $42 per and the whole process way ready a day before the promised 8-day deadline, which was a big help considering the consular section has really limited hours (Mon, Wed, Fri 9.30-12.00).

On a tangentially related note: apparently Google Maps' public transport planner is very weird in Vienna, they do not have access to the main public transport company's timetables and as a result end up suggesting very contorted routes. An Uber from Ottakring U3 costs 7€, or the 41 tram line has its terminus maybe 100ms from the embassy and gets you right next to the center to Schottentor U2.
0 x

TomasS

Postby TomasS » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:16 pm

The same very good experience with embassy
0 x

TDNN.travel

Postby TDNN.travel » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:28 pm

We had a very good experience with the Uzbek embassy in Vienna.

We (4 Austrian citizens) dropped the following documents at the Embassy personally (though one is not required to show up in person).

2 x filled out and signed application form
2 x passport pictures (employee was nice enough to cut them out for us)
1 x copy of passport main page

We showed the origninal passport, but could keep them during the processing time.

Price was 70 Euros and we had to show him the bank transfer slip upon pick up.

The employee told us to come back one week later. Exactly 7 days later we picked up our visas, even though there was a one day public holiday in between; got 15 days as requested. Sticking them into our passports took the employee 3 minutes. Easy.

Current opening times:

Mo, We, Fr: 9:30-12:30
3 x