Visa free Iran for Malaysian in land border

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
kenni

Re: Visa free Iran for Malaysian in land border

Postby kenni » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi all,

The Iranian embassies in Kuala Lumpur and Yerevan both will tell you that you will need a visa to cross the land border.

But if you call Mr Amir, contact as provided in Caravanistan's Iran Visa page, he will tell you that you don't have to worry about it and could just enter without any visa, just as you would do at the airport.

I crossed the border yesterday (8 Oct 2017), and instead of being turned back, I was warmly welcomed and the border officers were so delighted to see a Malaysian. They were very helpful and even offered me a pomegranate they were cutting up!

So, as of writing, there are no problems for Malaysian passport holders to use the Agarak-Noorduz border visa-free, with no pre-applied visa. But if you want to be sure, give Mr Amiri a call to confirm and he will probably let his colleagues at the border know of your arrival. He is a nice guy.
1 x

kenni

Re: Visa free Iran for Malaysian in land border

Postby kenni » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi all,

The Iranian embassies in Kuala Lumpur and Yerevan both will tell you that you will need a visa to cross the land border.

But if you call Mr Amir, contact as provided in Caravanistan's Iran Visa page, he will tell you that you don't have to worry about it and could just enter without any visa, just as you would do at the airport.

I crossed the border yesterday (8 Oct 2017), and instead of being turned back, I was warmly welcomed and the border officers were so delighted to see a Malaysian. They were very helpful and even offered me a pomegranate they were cutting up!

So, as of writing, there are no problems for Malaysian passport holders to use the Agarak-Noorduz border visa-free, with no pre-applied visa. But if you want to be sure, give Mr Amiri a call to confirm and he will probably let his colleagues at the border know of your arrival. He is a nice guy.
2 x