Uzbek visa in Beijing report

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
jems63

Uzbek visa in Beijing report

Post by jems63 »

Hi,

I'm a french visa holder, I applied on 10th of march, in Beijing at the Uzbekistan embassy for a visa and got it in 5 working days (applied on monday, got it the next one), I applied without a LOI. The staff asked me for a letter from my work company, I told him I worked as a free lance (which is more or less true) and that I'm travelling for a year right now and want to travel the silk road to go home (I show him the stamps and visa on my passport), he then let me apply. It cost 600 RMB for a 30 days visa. Embassy is opened from 9 to 1pm on monday, wednesday and friday, only from 11 to 12 on tuesday and close on thursday.

I travel along the silk road, will try to report for the next visas (kazak in Urumqi, Iranian and Turkmen in Almaty), hope it can be useful
0 x

Tatarin91

Re: Uzbek visa in Beijing report

Post by Tatarin91 »

Hello all

American passport holder. Applied on wednesday around 12:00. Submit my passport and application (no LOI). The Uzbek guy kept my passport and told me “come back monday”. A bit nerve racking not having a passport in China. I returned Monday at 9:00. Had to pay 1280 (~190USD)at the nearest bank. Tried to negotiate with him as this was more money to an already outrageous price. Simply said “You want visa?”.

I paid the fee and got the tourist visa. Funny part is he printed the visa on the spot. Turn around time 5 days. If your American/ other strong passports. Dont be a fool like me and ask for single entry. Be aggressive with the application since your money is stronger then their need for “security”

Also, apply monday morning. I applied wednesday in the afernoon. Visa services are only offered Monday thru wednesday.
1 x