Embassy report: Turkmenistan visa in Yerevan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Chris

Embassy report: Turkmenistan visa in Yerevan

Post by Chris »

Since I couldn't find any current reports on the Turkmenistan embassy in Yerevan, I just tried my luck today and found out the following:

According to the lady at the embassy (very friendly, excellent English) it is NOT possible to apply for a transit visa in Armenia, stating that this is only possible in a neighboring country (i.e. in Iran) and she recommended to go to the embassy in Teheran (I know people applied in Turkey but that's what I was told). She also said it's possible to get the necessary permit letter after applying in Teheran by email and with this, pick up the visa in Mashad or go directly to the border (as discussed in other threads on the forum). She said it's possible to get the visa in Yerevan if I would have that permit letter already (i.e. pick up in Yerevan is possible).
A cyclist from Switzerland who arrived a few minutes later was told exactly the same.

Very important if you still need to go to the Yerevan embassy: It has moved a month ago, the address on their website/google maps is not correct!!

The new address is:
Embassy of Turkmenistan
Verin Antarayin / Upper Antarayin Street 148/6
Yerevan
40.19721 N 44.50815 E https://goo.gl/maps/RJSf4BfuZRE2

Email: [email protected] (although my email is still unreplied after 1 week)
I don't know the new telephone number, the one on their website is not correct.

You can take a taxi or take the escalators all the way up to the top of the cascadas, from there it's 5 minutes walking.

Good luck & safe travels!
Chris
1 x

Ciaran55

Re: Embassy report: Turkmenistan visa in Yerevan

Post by Ciaran55 »

thanks for update, was going to try and apply there in June as on bike also . Suppose like a lot of people, want to get the 5 day transit visa or rejected early so can change plans if necessary. it sounds like its getting easier maybe to do Tehran/Mashad combination.
0 x

Twoontwowheels

Post by Twoontwowheels »

I was just about to write my experience a few days ago when I saw Chris´s post. Its excactly what we have been told by the Lady in the embassy so we try our luck in Teheran.
0 x

Twoontwowheels

Post by Twoontwowheels »

Hello!
I was just about to write my experience when I saw Chris´s post. Its excactly what we have been told by the Lady in the embassy so we try our luck in Teheran.
0 x

ericv

Post by ericv »

I went to the Turkmenistan Embassy in Yerevan a few days ago. This time it was a man at the embassy, not the lady described here.

He asked what we wanted, we said we'd like to apply for transit visas. He asked what route we plan to take, Turkmenbashi to Uzbekistan. He asked if we have Uzbek visas, yes. He then said to apply in Baku. We kept making a case to apply here. He then asked how long we will be in Yerevan, we said a few days. He said okay, you can apply here, it will take ten business days (so essentially two weeks). We asked if we can apply here now and he just emails the approval letter, he said no we have to come back in person. So we didn't apply.

It seems if you are very flexible and have the time, you can try to apply here. But by his line of questioning, it seems he just wanted to find an excuse so that we couldn't apply in Yerevan. Once we said how long we'd be here, he said it would take much longer to get the visa.
1 x

saleon

Post by saleon »

Applied two persons for the transit Visa approval on the 17th of July - 2019.
After about 1 week we recieved it on e-mail and picked it up in Teheran.

Seems like you need a good reason to apply here. We had a story of a failed application in Berlin and where short on time, so maybe that is why they accepted us.

It took a lot of time at the embassy, as the consul gave us the old application form and was typing everything in the new by himself.
1 x

dalec.si

Post by dalec.si »

We know one couple that applied around 25th of July aswell. The ambassador was very frienldy with them, they only needed to write letter on spot with usual information. Embassy filled their visa application and helped them choose border. They got visa approved on 15th of August and sent letter to them via email.
1 x

ConorC

Post by ConorC »

A further update on this subject!
The address on Google is still wrong! It has not been updated! Chris's original post is from 2017 and he has the correct address.

If applying for a transit visa at this embassy you will need a passport, passport photo, 10 US dollars!, copy of Iran visa and Uzbekistan visa if required! They will not accept dram. Make sure you bring the dollars cause it will save you taxi ride to the bank!

I would definitely suggest that you know your entrance border point and exit border point. Take a screenshot of the points on Google maps. From what I could gather they expect you to be fairly confident of your travel plan.

The guy at the embassy did say that it would take 10 days for approval. I asked if I could pick up visa from embassy in Mashhad. He said that was OK! I also had a screenshot of Turkmen embassy in mashhad.

I would also suggest having the name of a hotel in Ashgabat and turkmenabat! Just the name is OK! They don't ask for booking confirmation. It is required on sheet.

Overall I found them quite helpful. I think before you go to the embassy if you have everything in order and you are fairly confident about how you will travel across the country it should be all good!

Best of luck
Conor.
1 x