Embassy report: Turkmen transit visa in London

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
arr

Re: Embassy report: Turkmen transit visa in London

Post by arr »

Just applied in the London Embassy. I handed in all documents listed on their website including flight from Iran (where I'll exit to) back to London, which was returned to me as the consul said it was not necessary.

The consul was pretty friendly but told me he doesn't think the visa will be ready until at least early September! He said it's because I applied to enter in October and Ashgabat usually only make decisions on requests for October in September time. Not sure if it has anything to do with the date being close to their independence day.
0 x

AzmanW

Post by AzmanW »

Single 22-year-old male from Malaysia.

Applied at the London consulate on 26 April 2019 for a 5-day transit visa (Serakhs, Mary, Ashgabat, Darvaza, Konye-Urgench). Downloaded, printed and filled the necessary forms from the website + picture glued onto the form.

I don't need visas for Iran or Uzbekistan, and printed off some info from Iran's e-visa website and Uzbekistan's embassy website to prove this - this was accepted.

Paid £8 for the LOI on the day in cash.

Was advised it would take a month and got my LOI a bit more than three weeks later on 22 May 2019, valid until 9 August 2019. 5 days, single-entry and no specific dates - Sarahs, Ashgabat, Koneurgench.

Didn't follow-up.
2 x

togreiser

Turkmenistan Transit visa new form from London embassy

Post by togreiser »

I'm filed for a transit visa via the embassy in London. The have now told me there are a new form. The form is now linked on the embassy website:

https://uk.tmembassy.gov.tm/en/consular ... /visa-info

(last form on the right)

My question is what I should use at Point of entry/exit. I will be picket up an dropped off by taxi.
Should I use Sarahs AWTO or Sarahs D-Yol
and should I use Dasoguz AWTO or Dasoguz D-Yol

I also need to know what to put this fields
33. Velayat of stay
34. Etrap of stay

Thank you
Sorry if this should be at embassy report for London, but I was thinking the form is new for all embassies
0 x

togreiser

Post by togreiser »

How about Sarahs AWTO or Sarahs D-Yol ?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

If my Turkish is up to scratch, Awto stands for car and D-Yol for demiryolu or railroad. So take awto if you are not taking the train.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

togreiser

Post by togreiser »

Yes, I got my LOI on email from London today.

Approx May 5: I sent all the papers via mail to London including the money without contacting them first
May 27: I got an email informing me that there where a new form I had til fill out
June 3: I sent the form back via email
June 21: I recived the LOI via Email

I'm a single 41 year old Norwegian. I wrote in application that I would get Iran visa on arrival and that I dont need visa for Uzbekistan. I wrote that I will use train and taxi for my transit

Info from my LOI
Date of Issue: 11.06.2019
5 days
This invitation is valid until 10.09.2019 and will be used once <- Does this mean that I get 5 days as long as I pick it up before 10.09.2019?
Will visit border zone: Ashgabat, Dashoguz
0 x

Bethany

Post by Bethany »

Received LOI for transit visa from London embassy. Report as below:

24th May - submitted paperwork, photos etc in person as per old process. Were checked and OKd.
Early June - receive email saying form and process changed
10th June - resubmitted with new editable pdf form via email
15th July - LOI received

NB: my LOI had a start date of 1st July (end date 30th sep) despite me requesting it to start 25th July and me not receiving until 15th July. Luckily not an issue for me.
1 x

Bethany

Post by Bethany »

Bethany wrote:Received LOI for transit visa from London embassy. Report as below:

24th May - submitted paperwork, photos etc in person as per old process. Were checked and OKd.
Early June - receive email saying form and process changed
10th June - resubmitted with new editable pdf form via email
15th July - LOI received

NB: my LOI had a start date of 1st July (end date 30th sep) despite me requesting it to start 25th July and me not receiving until 15th July. Luckily not an issue for me.

Update on this.
Went to border yesterday at Khojeli - KongeUrggench and no issues with obtaining transit visa from LOI, however we were charged $70 each for the transit visa because we were British. On top of this we had to pay for the sticker, bank charges and registration so total bill was $200 for 2 ppl. Had long polite dicussion with the immigration about this as was worried it was a scam as I had not seen any other comment referring to this, but in the end it seemed legit and they weren't budging so we paid. We have receipts for everything so I will query with embassy once have hotmail again. Will post if I get a response.

For now assume that is the case for British passport holders no matter what the of visa (bit strange as Zimbabwe only other country I've visited where British charged more).

There was a Japanese man on a tourist visa at same time and he paid $45 so does appear it is UK specific.
2 x

isma_t

Post by isma_t »

I applied for a transit visa at the Turkmen embassy in London little over 4 weeks ago and have no real news from the embassy despite calling numerous times. I am worried my application would have been rejected and would like to at least know so I could reconsider logistics . Has anyone experienced a similar situation?
Thank you.
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

As Turkmenistan has more or less closed its borders due to coronavirus (panic) until further notice, there is no point in processing applications as it's unclear when they open again.
0 x