Getting a second/replacement Tajik visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Daze55556

Getting a second/replacement Tajik visa

Post by Daze55556 »

Hi all, I recently got my Tajik visa and GBAO permit by post from London (I am from Australia). Unfortunately the visa expires on 25/06/14 and I really now need it to run until around 29/06/14.

I won't have time to spend a week in Dushanbe waiting for an extension, so the questions are:

1. Can I be issued with a new visa with different dates on my way through in Istanbul? Would this be difficult ie. would be previous visa need to be cancelled?

2. What happens if I overstay my visa in Tajikstan...I will be travelling by motorbike and if I do overstay I will most likely be east of Khorog heading toward Kyrgyzstan.

Thanks, Tom.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Getting a second/replacement Tajik visa

Post by steven »

Hi Tom,

overstaying your visa in Tajikistan? No idea what will happen.

Getting a new visa? Should be possible, I don't know the procedure though.

Please note that the borders with Kyrgyzstan are still closed. I remember being optimistic not so long ago about the borders reopening soon, but I have to correct myself now - we could be in for the long haul, and they could remain closed all summer long. It's a guessing game right now. Read David Trilling's report from the border for some background: http://www.eurasianet.org/node/68132
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Daze55556

Post by Daze55556 »

Thanks Steven, I had heard that the border was still open to tourists just not locals??
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Sorry, you were right there, the border is open. By next week, should be open for all.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

mingaliev

Post by mingaliev »

If everything is the same in Istanbul then it is possible to get a second visa there. I decided to go to Afghanistan last year after getting my first single entry TJ visa. While in Istanbul, the consul was very relaxed and helpful and issued a second single entry visa with overlapping dates (by 3 weeks) within a morning.

Procedure was very routine. Last year the fee was USD50 to be paid into a nearby bank (walking distance) for a 30 day visa.
0 x