Embassy Report: Iranian Visa in Berlin

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy Report: Iranian Visa in Berlin

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the embassy of Iran in Berlin below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports on the Iran visa page.

You can get a letter of invitation/visa authorisation code here.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

ilig

Embassy Report: Iranian Visa in Berlin

Post by ilig »

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine and I (1x French passport, 1x German passport) applied for our Iranian visa at the embassy in Berlin last wednesday, and we just picked it up this morning after 9 days (7 working days) of waiting time.

It was a very smooth and easy process. We got the reference number from the MFA through Caravanistan (can definitely recommend that) and went to the embassy in person to hand in our documents the day after. They just wanted to have our passport and the visa form. On the embassy website it says that they need some sort of proof that we have health insurance when abroad, but nobody asked for it. We payed directly at the embassy with our debit card. (No cash or credit card payments are possible.) All the people at the embassy were very helpful and polite.

Also note: I work for a company that has strong ties to Israel and I've been there on multiple occasions. If you google my name, you would even find a photo of me standing next to an Israeli flag. So, at least in my case, their background checks seem to be pretty lousy.

Greetings from Berlin! :)
1 x

Silkysmooth

Re: Embassy Report: Iranian Visa in Berlin

Post by Silkysmooth »

My e-visa was rejected because I chose a homestay instead of hotel for accomodation.

With the invitation letter service from Caravanistan I was able to get the appointment at the embassy and got the visa.

Lesson: if you don’t wanna lose time and money, book a hotel and not a homestay

Notes: normal processing means you can pickup your visa exactly after 2 weeks, not before.
2 x