Letter of invitation to China?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Letter of invitation to China

Postby steven » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:56 am

Please read and post reports on the letter of invitation for China below.

We summarize all info on the China visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

belgarion

Letter of invitation to China?

Postby belgarion » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Hello,

We are right now in Tbilisi and have sent our visa application for china. We did the idiotic mistake of typing that we are cycling so now we need a letter of invitation. Can anybody recommend a travel agency? do they cost as much as uzbekistans LOI?

Regards

Rookies on road
0 x

woshju

Government-issued invitation letter required for Chinese Visa?

Postby woshju » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:51 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to obtain a Chinese visa for a friend who holds a Turkish passport. We've both live in London and we've been to the Chinese Visa Application Centre with everything that was listed on the website for applying for an L tourist visa. However, we were turned away as the required documents listed on the website assumes you're applying with a British passport. They said the following was needed to apply as a Turkish citizen in London (from their email):

However, if he is not going to study, he will need to provide either Invitation letter of duly authorised unit for tourism purpose or invitation letter (TE) or Verification Confirmation of Invitation. Any one of them is acceptable for his application.

I'm from China, and I'd written and brought along an invitation I wrote. But the people there said it wasn't acceptable as it didn't have a government stamp (i.e. it wasn't government approved). I asked some connections I had in China but none of them are able to issue a TE letter for my friend.

Has anyone had any experience obtaining one of the three things listed above? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
0 x

murg

Re: Government-issued invitation letter required for Chinese Visa?

Postby murg » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:43 pm

Hi there,

The Letter of Invitation (LOI) has to be issued by a Chinese Tourist Agency that is accredited by the Chinese Government.

It contains dates, hotel names, cities to be visited and - most important a red stamp.

Hope that helps
1 x
Riding the globe (well, at least some parts)
living in Germany

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Letter of invitation to China?

Postby steven » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:26 am

This is what the cyclists above did in the end:

We found a Chinese travel agency that made a Invitation letter to China for us. It was a kind of invitation letter that their company provided - sealed by them - but not applied from Tourist Administraion.

This was the answer we got:

"I am Laura,travel consultant of top-chinatour.com. I am very glad to receive your email.We can help you to provide a travel invitation letter.We have provided tourism invitation letters for many tourists who come to China.

The invitation our company provide is sealed by ourselves, it is not applied filing from Tourist Administrtion. Some countries are more serious about the invitation, they request that tourist should provide invitations with a serial number the Tourist Administration give official. It is very complicted to apply the invitation with serial number from Tourist Administration for us, so we cannot manage it for the client. If the client need an invitation, we can only provide with invitation sealed by our company.

If you need us to provide one invitation letter, then all you need to pay is 60 Usd. The attachment is a form of tourism invitation. Please fill in it and send it back to me if you need us to provide an invitation letter. I will stamp it and send back to you.”

We payed, and they were very helpful. We got our Chinese visa - applied for them from the Swedish embassy in Sweden. (We needed invitation letter because we stupidly had written that we were supposed to cycle - rookie mistake.)
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D