Second chinese visa extension ?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Nemo73

Second chinese visa extension ?

Post by Nemo73 »

Hi,
I'm preparing my trip through Yunnan, Sichuan and Qinghai by bicycle, coming from Ventiane (Laos). So, visa's second extension sounds a problem...but not impossible ! I heard it depends on the PSB "mood" !
From various sources, I listed major PSB from south to north in that huge central zone of China: Dali, Leshan, Songpan, Yushu, Lanzhou, Xining, Jiayuguan and Dunhuang.

I'm very interested with Yushu in particular be cause it's at the perfect place and distance from Leshan (where I should ask for my first extension), considering my itinerary.

So my question is about the reputation of Yushu PSB concerning a second extension. Is it cool or strict there ? I read on this forum that Dunhuang could be a good place for that but it' s too much further north for me.
0 x

deadsoul84

Re: Second chinese visa extension ?

Post by deadsoul84 »

Dear Nemo73,

believe it or not, I had exactly the same plan as you and just found your post.

I'm cycling from Laos, entering China and I meant to get my first extension in Leshan, and then I was also looking at Yushu and wondering if it would be possible to get a second extension there... or at least, a bus to reach the border, which would be quite far.

Could you let me know how did it go for you?

Thanks in advance mate, cheers.

David
1 x

La Trottineuse

Re: Second chinese visa extension ?

Post by La Trottineuse »

May be of interest:

I passed Yushu a few days ago, and tried to apply for a (second) visa extension: appart from not having the official papers and thus announcing a delay of 10 days to take care of the matter, the extension seemed very possible. And the woman in charge spoke English.

I got a first extension in Golmud very easily, 2 days, English-speaking woman in charge as well.

Good travels,
Blandine
1 x
A Simple Life - World Open Tour on a push scooter
Facebook:  La Trottineuse