Embassy Report: Russian Visa in Dushanbe

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy Report: Russian Visa in Dushanbe

Postby steven » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:23 am

Please read and post reports on the embassy of Russia in Dushanbe below.

We summarize all info on the Russia visa page.

See here if you are still in need of a letter of invitation for your Russian visa.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Kapesta

Embassy Report: Russian Visa in Dushanbe

Postby Kapesta » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi all,

We (2 German guys) just succesfully applied for and recieved our russian transit visa in Dushanbe:
- The Embassy is located at: 38.582656N,68.753876E (Abuali Ibn Sino 29/31)
- Pay directly at the embassy in Tajik Somoni
- Don't be put off by the big crowd waiting in front of the embassy, the word 'Visa' seemed to be a magic word that let us get to the front where we were told by the crowd to push the bell and talk through the speakerphone. Though not much english was spoken, saying that you're there to apply for a visa helped us get in.
- For the transit visa;
    Turnaround: 1 week (applied on Monday, picked up the following Monday)
    Costs: approx. 75 USD for two transit visas (didn't fit with their online price list, or any other list we saw. But cheaper than expected so we didnt argue ;) )
    Necessary Documents: passport copy, passport photo, application form (fill it in online and print it out), Car documents ( We are travelling overland, otherwise proof of onward journey i believe)
    Validity: 4 days (the dates we put on our application were the dates we got on our visa)
For us it seemed that the embassy does not handle many requests for Transit visas, and maybe perhaps we were treated a little special. At no point were we questioned as to our planned route through Russia (though you do need to include a rough plan on the application). It was also significantly cheaper than we had expected, and with very little hassle, so to us it seemed not to be the standard procedure. YMMV.
0 x

trevor warman

Re: Embassy Report: Russian Transit Visa in Dushanbe

Postby trevor warman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:44 pm

yes, tickets are needed for overland travel, ohne Auto.. they would not budge... even after 45minutes of pleading

hope you get thru in the 4 days they gave u...youll have to drive , day and night
0 x

dean74

Info on the Embassies in Dushanbe, as of June 2016.

Postby dean74 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:13 am

FYI - Some Info on the Embassies in Dushanbe, as of June 2016.
(for AU tourists). Visitors to Iran, Turkmen, Azeri and Russia... read on.

(for more detailed info, visit our blog http://www.dinosal.com)

Iran – tourist visa.

We applied for the LOI through Stantours and were told that this would take 10-12 days from receipt of payment. We paid on a Tuesday night, and the application was lodged the following Saturday. This had something to do with the fact that Iran doesn’t work on Thursdays or Fridays.

We received notification that our LOI’s had arrived 10 days after lodgement. On the email it said we should wait for three days before applying at the embassy, but Stantours told us to ignore this delay, so we went the next day (Wednesday). At the embassy we were invited into an office and had a short interview, then we were told to come back in 3 days as the embassy hadn’t received our LOI’s yet...

We went back the next day anyway and they had arrived. We then had another hour interview with another man who asked lots of bizarre questions. Then we were told that we had to go and pay the fee at a nearby bank (150 Euros per person!) and to return with the slip before 12.30pm. The bank is about 1.5km north of the embassy, on Rudakai Ave, on your rhs going north, just past the Southern Fried Chicken shop, 10mins walking. We returned at 12pm but they were closed. Very frustrating.

So we had to wait out the long weekend (the embassy is closed Fri-Sun), before finally lodging the documents (3 weeks after paying for the LOI). (Application form, Receipt for payment, 2 photos, Passport Copies). They told us to come back the next day at 10, but we asked if it was possible that afternoon. They told us they closed at 4pm, so we went back at 3:30 but... they were already closed. So the next morning we were back at 9:30am, told to wait until 11, and finally got the visa then.

The people at the embassy are relatively polite, if not overwhelmingly helpful. Being told to return before ??pm and finding them closed 30mins earlier was really annoying. Also the second interview was quite strange with some odd questions “Does your husband show you respect” “are you athletes” “can you define athlete for me?” etc. The guy at the front desk speaks no English, Russian and Persian only. The embassy is exactly where google maps puts it.

Turkmenistan – 5 day transit.

You can either apply and then collect from Dushanbe in 7 days, or apply in Dushanbe and get the approval via email, then collect from any other embassy, or at the border. We decided to receive the email and go to the border.

So you fill in the form they give you, hand write an accompanying letter (which they have a sample of in the embassy), provide a passport copy and a copy of the Iran visa. That’s it! Then hopefully the email will arrive in 10 days so you can get the visa at the border for USD$55.

The consul told us we were 100% guaranteed to receive the confirmation email in 10 days, but we nominated 13 days from applying to our entry date just to be sure. Note that the dates are fixed.

Contrary to information given to us by Stantours, the embassy did not need to see our Uzbek visa, and the turnaround time is 10 days for the approval email, or 7 days for collection from Dushanbe.

Not many tour companies will tell you about the option to collect the visa at the border or a different embassy to avoid waiting around for it – i think this is because they want to sell you the tour guide that you need for a tourist visa.

The embassy is not on Google Maps. So... going north on Rudakai Ave, turn left onto Karamov St, then it’s the 2nd on the right, and first on the left.

We only applied today, will amend once the email arrives and we hopefully get into TM!

Azerbaijan Transit Visa

Very helpful consulate, provide application forms, require 2 photos, passport copies and pay the fee at the Orien Bank (USD$20), return with the receipt and 3-5 days later collect the visa. It’s valid for entries across one month, and gives you 5 days transit. Keep in mind that if you’re in your own vehicle, you only get 72 hours from customs for the vehicle before it needs to exit, or be in a customs impound.

Russian Transit Visas

Consulate is where Google says it is, and very helpful once you get inside! So ignore the crowd and push forward to the intercom, shout “visa” into the microphone, repeatedly if needed and they will let you in. There was just one counter that spoke English so we had to wait a bit, but then they need:

Fill the online form and print it, 2 pics, passport copy, 2 blank pages in your passport (that are facing each other!), and the visa fee.

AU passport transit visa costs USD$70 7 days, or USD$105 express 2-3 days. EU transit visa costs EUR 35 in 5 days, or EUR 70 in 2 days.

They will give you a transit visa that requires you to travel 500km per day. So trip length divided by 500 = transit days.

If you plan to transit from KAZ to Georgia the approval time is 10 days because of instability in that area, and “it takes more time to make sure you aren’t terrorists”.

The Russian embassy in Dushanbe does not issue tourist visas for non Tajik residents (you’d need to show an OVIR registration longer than 30 days).

Hope this helps others!!

Dean.
1 x

TomasS

Embassy report-Russian visa in Tashkent and Dushanbe

Postby TomasS » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:14 am

It seems to be, that they really need original of LOI now and there is no way to apply with even very good copy. They looked closely on stamp a didnot accept it, nothing helped,the same in Taskent and in Dushanbe. Moreover, in Dushanbe you have to arrange online appointment to get inside, website dushanbe.kmid.ru.
1 x

satika

Postby satika » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:08 am

Hi all,

Yesterday I applied for a transit or tourist visum for my flight back to NL via 2 airports in Russia. I booked the flight on Saturday and a visum was required. By reading the advice on the visum page in the website I thought that would be easy but it wasn't at all!!!! Actually it was impossible due to the following reasons.

A transit visum is only allowed when you travel via 1 city. So if you have a non-connection flight in Moscow or you need to change the airport in one city, a transit visum is no problem. But if you fly from Duchanbe to Yekaterinburg to Moscow to wherever, the rules won't you allow to travel with a transit visum. I didn't know this. I explained that my total stay in Russia was only 8 hours in the airports (I had to check in by myself on both airports) so a transit would be the most logical option.

An express tourist visum won't neither work because you need an official letter from a tourist company or invitational letter which costs two weeks to prepare, send and evaluate by the consulate.
So I ended up by cancellation of my flights and changing the whole schedule.
2 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:35 am

A transit visum is only allowed when you travel via 1 city. So if you have a non-connection flight in Moscow or you need to change the airport in one city, a transit visum is no problem. But if you fly from Duchanbe to Yekaterinburg to Moscow to wherever, the rules won't you allow to travel with a transit visum.

Note that this appears to be a random restriction of the Embassy. I have heard similar things from other Russian Embassies in the FSU, but if you get your Russian visa where it's easy - Western Europe - it's absolutely no problem to get a transit visa for such an itinerary.
0 x

satika

Postby satika » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Milad wrote:
A transit visum is only allowed when you travel via 1 city. So if you have a non-connection flight in Moscow or you need to change the airport in one city, a transit visum is no problem. But if you fly from Duchanbe to Yekaterinburg to Moscow to wherever, the rules won't you allow to travel with a transit visum.

Note that this appears to be a random restriction of the Embassy. I have heard similar things from other Russian Embassies in the FSU, but if you get your Russian visa where it's easy - Western Europe - it's absolutely no problem to get a transit visa for such an itinerary.

Thanks! I've never heard this before so I was quite upset actually. It's just a normal way I think, I'm m not leaving the airports and I'm shorter than 24 hours in Russia. The consul was very straight and strict in his answer. It's just impossible he said. The same for Russians who want to travel via two EU-cities to the US: not allowed either he said. Well, taking longer was not possible, making exceptions neither. He only rejected the visum request.
0 x

Robinosaurus!

Re: Embassy report-Russian visa in Tashkent and Dushanbe

Postby Robinosaurus! » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:34 pm

TomasS wrote:in Dushanbe you have to arrange online appointment to get inside, website dushanbe.kmid.ru.

Any confirmation on this? Looking for a transit visa, but quoted website doesn't work for me.
0 x