Turkmen visas during Asian Indoor Games 1-15.09.2017

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Turkmen visas during Asian Indoor Games 1-15.09.2017

Post by steven »

We were informed that the LOI for Turkmenistan is impossible to receive at the migration office of Turkmenistan from 01 September to 15 September.
Please, change your trip dates before or after these dates.

Update: tour operator will not accept anything for the whole of September :(
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Kim

Re: Turkmen visas during Asian Indoor Games 1-15.09.2017

Post by Kim »

I applied for a transit visa for the 1. - 5. September 2017 and i got the following answer of the Turkmen embassy in Geneva, Switzerland:

"this is to inform you that due to holding in the month of September of V Asian Games in Turkmenistan, persons wishing to travel to Turkmenistan will not be able to apply for a visa with validity period of 01-31 September.
Persons whose requests we are processing presently for the above mentioned period are requested to reconsider the dates of the potential travel and apply for other dates than the mentioned period."
1 x

TimL

Post by TimL »

But during the month of September it is possible to apply for a transit visa at Turkmenistan embassies for the beginning of October?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

yes
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Bob1

Post by Bob1 »

I have a Letter of Invitation (for Tourist Visa) with entry into Turkmenistan on September 17. I will get visa at Farab border. My travel agent assures me that this will be fine.
0 x

Bob1

Post by Bob1 »

Update on my previous post. I entered Turkmenistan yesterday (September 17) and obtained my Tourist visa at the Farab border without any problem. (Except for having to wait for the Tajik team for the Asian Indoor etc Games to be processed ahead of me.)

I suggest that all future posts about Turkmen visas distinguish between Transit and Tourist visas as they are totally different beasts.
0 x