Embassy Report: Afghanistan Visa in Prague Czech Republic

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy Report: Afghanistan Visa in Prague Czech Republic

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the Afghan embassy in Prague below.

We summarize all info on the Afghan visa page, under embassy reports.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

hikingcanadian

Embassy Report: Afghanistan Visa in Prague Czech Republic

Post by hikingcanadian »

I applied for the Afghanistan visa at the Afghan Consulate in Prague. I called in first, they told me no appointment was necessary and I could drop in anytime between 9am and 2pm. (When I went to drop off my paperwork and pick my visa up, the consulate didn't arrive until at least 9:30, so don't go too early or you'll be waiting).

I was asked to bring 2 Passport sized-photos and was made aware of the cost 80 Euros (South American passport).

I filled out at a 1-page form at the consulate, and provided the consulate with my photos and then he gave me a form to deposit the sum at a bank 20-25 minutes walking distance away. He casually asked why I was going to Afghanistan and where in Afghanistan I wanted to go (while I was filling out the form), but not in an interview-style manner. I didn't have to write a letter of responsibility.

I was told visa processing takes 5-14 business days (mine was ready in 5), my flight was leaving in about a week and they seemed to be fine working around it, so it's best to ask before rushing to just get the express service (50 euros extra). They told me with the express service, the visa would be ready same-day at 2pm.

At the bank, you're able to pay in any currency and they'll convert it for you (so don't scramble to find euros the day before like I did). 70 CZK fee from the bank for the transaction.

I met a big group of Czechs in Afghanistan who also got their visa issued in Prague. They informed me that the Czech Republic has really good relations with Afghanistan and an embassy in Kabul so the process is typically easy in Prague.
3 x

Edmund

Post by Edmund »

I got my visa from the Afghan embassy in Prague. It was a rather straightforward process, altogether it took 8 days to get my visa. They required a visa application form, two photos, the receipt from the payment of 80 Euros which I made at the nearby bank and also a police clearance, which Czech citizens can easily get at a post office, but it might pose a problem for foreign citizens. My visa is valid for a 30 day period within three months starting from the date I filled into the application form.
The people at the embassy were very friendly and there's really nothing for me to complain about. :)
1 x

Edmund

Post by Edmund »

Another update! Today I've been to the embassy again with my friend, so he would get his visa. It's been not even a week since I received mine.
Well apparently they don't issue visas anymore?! They said that they had to suspend issuing visas because of the situation in Afghanistan. It's likely something to do with the ceasefire that happened during Eid al-Fitr.
We'll give it another try next week.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Keep us up to date!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D