Extension Iranian visa in Hamedan / Hamadan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Extension Iranian visa in Hamedan / Hamadan

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the visa extension process in Hamedan below.

We summarize all info in the Iran visa extension page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

redjo27

Extension Iranian visa in Hamedan / Hamadan

Post by redjo27 »

In March I extended my Iranian visa that I got in Batumi for one month. The building of the Polis Gozarnameh is near the centre (https://goo.gl/maps/D3PQ7xWbDCy). The Melli Bank is close.
My visa was only 14 days valid, but the extension (first one) went very smooth and took about one hour. They wanted to know where I'm staying and I said I just come from Ali Sadr and was there in one guest house - they wrote down that I would go there today, but no further questions asked. Apart from that the need the usual documents like passport photos and a copy of the passport.
The total price for everything was 350'000 Rial. It was a nice atmosphere and I was very surprised that no-one was wearing uniform.
A very nice place to extend the visa.
2 x

navarro

Post by navarro »

Successfully extended for second time my visa here.
Original Visa was Visa on Arrival, but I extended for first time in Yazd with no issues. Apparently a French female hitchhiker was not extended in Hamedan some time ago having visa on arrival. She went with her host. I think it's better to go on your own, so they see you can speak a bit.
Talking to the people there, showing that you know some farsi and being kind an smiling perfectly worked. The boss there speaks good English. Other ones broken one.
They only asked for 1 picture 3x4. No photocopies. They asked about my place of staying. I told them a hostel (although I was CouchSurfing), but I think it's better to tell them that you won't stay in the city, but rather in other one and have prepared a place (and maybe say that you're not booking, just showing up and asking price).
If you tell them that you are leaving the same day, you'll have everything in around 1 hour.
Payment in Melli Bank was 345 000 IRR, and then in the office 5000 IRR for the folder and papers, same as in Yazd.

Location given by user @redjo27 is wrong, correct GPS coordinates are: 34.792712, 48.509632 Google Maps here. Green old door. You'll see the face of one of the "martyrs" painted on the upper wall of the office (visible from the other side of the road). Opening times from Saturday to Thursday from 8:00 to 14:00 (they may open a bit later for having their breakfast xDD).
There are several Melli Banks, I paid here. The staff was helpful even with little English.
2 x

DaliborCZ

Post by DaliborCZ »

Hi, I am cyclist and have extended visa 11th October for 30 days with no problem. Still had valid visa for 8 days. Was asked where I stayed (Yas hotel) and when will leave (in 4 days) and all was fine. Rest as described in the post above.
2 x

pedrocvicente

Post by pedrocvicente »

hello!
we just succefuly extended our visas in hamedan. The location being the one shared by @navarro. The whole thing took around 1h30. we had to leave our backpack at the entrance, were searched (women separate) and then headed to the first floor to speak with the "boss" (brown door, knock and go in). we were asked to make deposit in melli bank (which we did nearby 400m away) and for one copy of passports and a photo. were asked where we were staying in town, how many more days wanted and small talk of where we had been in Iran...
1 x

41_is_my_number

Post by 41_is_my_number »

Hi,
I (French/M/32) tried to extend my visa in Hamedan, even if there was 12 days left. It didn't work.

Some informations :
-I mentioned that I travel by bike : it didn't seem to be a problem
-the director asked me questions on my trip and where I want to go. He asked me as well where I stay in the city (hotel I replied)
-it seems that you can extend in Hamedan only if you prove that you have no other possibilities (visa which expires 3 days later and you don't reach any other big cities in this amount of time for instance).

Best regards
1 x

Plutos Tour

Post by Plutos Tour »

We extended our Visa in Hamedan today (swiss passport). The original visa was for 11 days and they extended the visa by 30 days. The asked a few questions and needed 1 passport copy and 1 photo (any size, women without headscard was fine). We went to Meli Bank to pay 345'000 Rial per person and additional 20'000 rial per person to be payed in the office. The officers were very friendly. After 1.5h (including bank payment) we got the extended visa. Definetly a good place to extend the visa!
1 x

ontour

Post by ontour »

we tried to extend our visa in october 2019. the visa were still valid for 10 days. it did not work.
there were some holidays the next days and we were not sure if we could reach esfahan with the bicycle on time.
but there was no chance to extend. they said even if we reach esfahan too late, we can pay a little fine there for overstaying and then extend the visa.
2 x