Kyrgyzstan E-Visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Phoca

Re: Kyrgyzstan E-Visa Q&A

Post by Phoca »

Hi,

My girlfriend and me have plans to visit Kyrgyzstan. Since she is Brazilian, she will need a visa according to the information on Caravanistan. When checking out the eligible border crossings list for e-visa travellers (http://www.evisa.e-gov.kg/get_information.php?lng=en), I also tried the 'Do I need a visa' dropdown menu. For the Brazilian nationality the e-Visa website now shows that there is a 60-days visa regime for the Brazilian nationality. Do you know whether or not this is correct? Has there been a change in the visa regime or is it just an error in the e-Visa database?

Best regards
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

This passed me by, but you are indeed visa free now:

https://cbtkyrgyzstan.kg/news/visa-free ... il-9-2019/

Gotta update
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

JoaoVictor

Post by JoaoVictor »

Hi, I am brazilian and just went to Kyrgyzstan the past week, and we are indeed visa free. I saw this information online, but also went to the Kyrgyz consulate in Almaty to check.
The border office spend some more-than-usual time (compared to the european friend I was with) checking my passport, but no questions asked and I got the stamp. Enjoy!
1 x

Phoca

Post by Phoca »

Hi Steven and Joao Victor,

Thank you both, for checking and for confirming. It is a pleasant surprise that we don't need a visa to enter. JV, good to hear that everything went smooth at the border crossing (to Kyrgyz standards of course).

I will keep this forum updated about our experiences but we only plan to travel in September, so you need to be a bit patient ;)
0 x

Laurentiu

Post by Laurentiu »

Awesome information forum. I was wondering if visa on arrival still available at Manas Airport. I've just decided to fly and it's only 3 days, too late to wait for the e-visa. Last year it took me a week to get it online. I'm a citizen of Romania.
0 x

Phoca

Post by Phoca »

Phoca wrote:Hi Steven and Joao Victor,

Thank you both, for checking and for confirming. It is a pleasant surprise that we don't need a visa to enter. JV, good to hear that everything went smooth at the border crossing (to Kyrgyz standards of course).

I will keep this forum updated about our experiences but we only plan to travel in September, so you need to be a bit patient ;)
Hi everyone,

We crossed the Dostyk border crossing from Uzbekistan to Kyrgyzstan mid-September. We were one Dutch, one Polish, one German and one Brazilian. Everybody could travel visa free into Kyrgyzstan without any issues.

We arrive early evening at the border crossing. The Uzbeki side was the most smooth ride, friendly officials and decent facilities. The Kyrgyz side felt a bit more grim. It was not booming busy but lines move slow. People have a tendency to push a bit and try to sneak in front of you/cut the line. On the other hand some locals pointed us out that we should skip the line all together and just had to walk straight into the migration office. In that crowded office you need to find a place in the (again crowded) lines in front of the desks. The German in our company had to answer quite some questions, but all routine questions. The Polish and the Dutch were not asked anything but were just stamped after a minute of checking the passport. The Brazilian actually had the most easy pass. The official asked as soon as he saw the Brazilian passport: "Ronaldo?" and after the Brazilian answered with the secret password "Neymar!" the passport was immediately stamped.

Money can be exchanged right after crossing at one of the booths. The rates do not vary much from booth to booth. Taxi drivers can be a bit agressive but offer the fastest ride into Osh. The bus ride is of course the cheaper alternative.
1 x

pedram_ka

Post by pedram_ka »

Hi everyone,

i read on the Kyrgyzstan visa guide page that "visa validity starts from the date of visa approval, not the planned date of entry."
i wrote an email to the Kyrgyzstan e-visa website and ask if it's possible to apply sooner for a planned date of entry in June.
the answer was: "Dear applicant, you can apply for an e-visa in advance on the dates you need, and the visa will be issued on the requested dates."
i wanted to ask if anyone had already used this option and if it is really possible? or do you think it may be better to wait a few months and apply late March/early April for June.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-04 um 19.01.24.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-04 um 19.01.24.png (50.67 KiB) Viewed 2561 times
0 x

jdf91

Post by jdf91 »

Hi everybody,

I am a Colombian citizen, applying for a Kyrgyzstan e-visa (transit), we are only going to be in Bishkek for two nights. I applied for the e-visa (already bought my plane tickets Bishkek to Almaty), however, I uploaded my old passport copy. Since then, I immediately sent an email to the contacts they mention in their webpage with my correct passport page.

Should I apply again with the correct passport page? or should I wait for them to answer my e-mail (I sent it on Monday)?

Thanks in advance!
0 x

bukhari917

Post by bukhari917 »

May I ask why my post was deleted? Because I mentioned I could get visa without LOI?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

It wasn't deleted.Your question was about quarantine rules, not about the e-visa, so I put it in a separate topic.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D