Contact embassy of Turkmenistan, Ankarra

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
niquedouille

Contact embassy of Turkmenistan, Ankarra

Post by niquedouille »

Hello,
I applied for a turkmen transit visa at the embassy of Ankarra, 12 days ago. I still have not received the email I need to pick up the visa. I am near Tehran in Iran now, and really worried about that. I need to leave Iran in 6 days, because of my motorcycle, and I have to leave at the turkmen border of Bajgiran (it's written on my temporary Carnet I got at the custom entry).

Does anyone knows what I can do ? Is there any way to contact the embassy in Ankarra ? Maybe they did not write my email right. I have a friend in Turkey, he mights help me if I ask to call them (he speaks turkish.. I don't).

Do you think it's wothwhile to go to the turkmen embassy in Tehran without the email, and try to explain to them ? Maybe the can check about it.
I don't really want to stay in Tehran for nothing, but I need that visa, I really do.. :?

Here's a "similar" story, no email received after 10 days : https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/ ... and-ankara

cheers,
jean-baptiste
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Contact embassy of Turkmenistan, Ankarra

Post by steven »

I cannot help you, try everywhere you can and please let me know if it worked out.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

niquedouille

Post by niquedouille »

Couldn't wait, so I went to the embassy in Tehran with my passport.. and got my visa in 2h !!! 5 days transit visa.
applied 15th may in Ankara, picked up 28th in tehran.

they asked me to fill an application form again, one more photo, and 55$. No questions about the email, invitation, code or anything else.

So happy !

Also, for your website, I took a picture of the letter you need to write at the embassy of Ankara. Let me know if you want it, it might be usefull for the nexts applicants.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

You can upload the Picture as an attachment to a post in the forum. Next to Options, click upload attachment.

Very happy it worked out!
0 x

niquedouille

Post by niquedouille »

also, i forgot to ask the person at the embassy about ports of entry and exit. On my visa, I have mentionned :

howdan, DZ-koneurgenc, derweze

howdan = bajgiran
derweze = darwaza, it's on my way, and I mentioned it on my application letter

but what is DZ-koneurgenc ? Is it konye-urgentch / dachoguz ? or can I also exit at khojeli ?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

No that's konye urgench dashoguz. Exiting on the wrong border will incur a bribe, last week someone paid 20$.
0 x