Visa on arrival in Iran: Reports and Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Anna 360

Visa on arrival after rejected e-visa

Post by Anna 360 »

Hi everybody

I applied independently for an e-visa and just got rejected with the following reason:
از طریق آژانس توریستی اقدام سود

As the planned traveling date is getting closer, do you think it's safe to apply a Visa on arrival instead?

Many thanks, Anna, Swiss passport
0 x

Aliciasmcvilly

Re: Visa on arrival in Iran: Reports and Q&A

Post by Aliciasmcvilly »

Does anyone know if you can get a VOA when leaving via land boarder? We will be entering Tehran airport but leaving Iran 28 days after arriving via ferry to Dubai. Clarity on this topic is appreciated.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Dis you read the visa article, as asked?
0 x

Aliciasmcvilly

Post by Aliciasmcvilly »

I have. And I cannot find a direct answer on flying into an airport and leaving via land boarder. Do you have clarity on this?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

That's right, there was no mention of it yet in the article. I updated it now with the following sentence:

Although you can only arrive by airplane, you can leave at any land or sea border.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Well, this bullet point was there before (and is still there):

"You can exit Iran through a land border with a visa on arrival."
0 x

Danaskeen

Re: Visa on arrival in Tehran: Reports and Q&A

Post by Danaskeen »

Hi sorry as this question is not directly related! I couldn’t see a stream that was.

I understand that visas upon arrival are only applicable for plane, and I’m clear on the need for booking a tour for British citizenship, I’m helping plan a trip back from Europe through Iran. We are UAE residence however were in the process of having an expedition vehicle built. And we’re interested in bringing it back by land. So I have a couple of q’s

1. As we’re coming in by vehicle do we still book a tour for visas (my husband and children are British, I’m Jordanian), or do we need to book a guide? How does that work does he/she travel with us?
2. Will our import papers to UAE suffice? As we won’t be traveling with a carne de passage?
3. How safe are the border crossings from turkey? The children are only 5/6? Do I need to be worried?

Thank you
0 x

Pamirski
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Pamirski »

Applied 10 days before entry for a Visa grant at Teheran (visa on arrival).
Rejected 2 days later, comment: apply through agent or host.
We had given a hotel adress.
Went without the visa grant.
There were few people at the visa counter at IKA. Most of them had a positive confirmation of the e-visa system. We had just to fill a short form with name and passport number plus an adress. We fillled in a private host. 15 mins later we could pay and got our passport back. No sticker or entry stamp. The bank chargess 3 $ for the Transaktion.
2 x

Molima

Post by Molima »

Hello,
Do you think that there will be a problem at the Shiraz airport if my Iran-specific travel insurance states Canada as country of residence but I travel with my Argentinian passport? I am planning to get a VOA at the airport. Thank you.
I read the visa section but did not find an answer to my question.
0 x

ElisaEiri

Post by ElisaEiri »

Hello,
Can anyone tell me whether the passports are stamped when getting the visa on arrival at the airport in Tehran - or is it possible to get a separate piece of paper with the stamp?
0 x