Visa on arrival in Iran: Reports and Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Visa on arrival in Iran: Reports and Q&A

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the visa on arrival for Iran below.

We summarize all info on the Iran visa page - section VOA.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

n4flu94

Visa on arrival in Iran: Reports and Q&A

Post by n4flu94 »

My friend from Vietnam just flew to IKA a few days ago, expecting to get a quick-easy VOA and enjoy her trip in Iran together with her boyfriend. Turned out she was denied VOA and was requested to book a flight out of the country immediately.

The reasons for this are unknown. It's probably because she put 2 names/addresses as sponsors in the application form. It can also be because she put another traveler in as sponsor (me.) Either way, the airport officials told her that she should have applied for VISA in advance.

Just want to let you guys know.

(I couldn't find any relevant thread so I created a new one. Please feel free to move it anywhere.)
2 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

NEWS: Visa on arrival in Tehran

Post by Crazydre »

IMPORTANT: Henceforth, those wishing to obtain a visa on arrival at the Imam Khomeini airport in Tehran must submit an application, at least 2 days before departure, through the [url=http://e_visa.mfa.ir/en/]e-Visa website[/url], and present the submission confirmation at the airport visa desk.

No need to wait for anything from the system, just print the confirmation and fly!

I should expect this to expand to the other airports in the near future, and will remain in contact with my Iranian sources and keep you posted.
1 x

artur

Re: Visa on arrival in Tehran: Reports and Q&A

Post by artur »

I`m planning visit Iran from 04. - 10.12.17., I`m Latvia citizen. On friday, 10.11. I completed online visa applications for visa on arrival in Tehran airport and print out Submission Notice. But today I see that visa applications has been rejected. What to do now? Can I fly and present this Submission Notice in Tehran airport?
0 x

TimL

Post by TimL »

I arrived in Iran at the end of October and had some problems obtaining the visa on arrival. Because I already had entered Iran two times before (by land border), they said they cannot issue the visa because now I need a letter from a inviting party who is responsible for my stay. They said I should go back to my country of residence and issue the visa there. I started to get a little stressed and called the owner of the hostel I booked so he could try to convince the officer to let me in. At first it didn't work but after about one hour they accepted the visa. The owner of the hostel (thank you Seven hostel Tehran) said he would be responsible for my stay in Iran.
3 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

TimL wrote:I arrived in Iran at the end of October and had some problems obtaining the visa on arrival. Because I already had entered Iran two times before (by land border), they said they cannot issue the visa because now I need a letter from a inviting party who is responsible for my stay. They said I should go back to my country of residence and issue the visa there. I started to get a little stressed and called the owner of the hostel I booked so he could try to convince the officer to let me in. At first it didn't work but after about one hour they accepted the visa. The owner of the hostel (thank you Seven hostel Tehran) said he would be responsible for my stay in Iran.
Did you apply for the e-visa at least 2 days in advance?
0 x

TimL

Post by TimL »

Hi Steven, yes I did.
1 x

sebols

Post by sebols »

Hi ,
come from france : just apply evisa (10-01-18) for have a visa in aeroport Komeini.My flight is the 15-01-18.
hope everything will be OK..
Anybody go there since the start of january?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi sebols,

do give us an update if you can, please. I think most people are fine. The case with TimL seems to be that he was going to often and he needed a LOI.

You should be fine, but it's nice to read you writing it after you landed :-) Reassuring for future travellers.
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

sebols wrote:Hi ,
come from france : just apply evisa (10-01-18) for have a visa in aeroport Komeini.My flight is the 15-01-18.
hope everything will be OK..
Anybody go there since the start of january?
Devrait marcher sans souci. N'oublie justement pas d'imprimer le "Submission notice", accessible en remplissant le formulaire ici https://evisatraveller.mfa.ir/en/request/status/

Ce document doit être présenté au comptoir de visas à Tehran.
0 x