Visa on arrival in Iran: Reports and Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Re: Visa on arrival in Tehran: Reports and Q&A

Post by Crazydre »

IMPORTANT: the requirement to apply at the e-visa site to get a visa on arrival now applies for all Iranian airports, not just Tehran.
2 x

laurent_rio

VOA Iran no more sticker

Post by laurent_rio »

Hi,

My friend just arrive in Iran last week and apply VOA in IKA Airport. He report that sticker visa not given only stamp but still need to pay visa fee of 57 USD or 45 Euro. It give trouble when he leave Iran to Azerbaijan via Bilasuar border (near Tabriz), since the officer dont understand the new system and need to call someone about it but finally he can past

Can anybody confirm this is new system ? last year i still get my sticker visa on arrival in IKA
2 x

LisetVanOosterhout

Re: Visa on arrival in Iran: Reports and Q&A

Post by LisetVanOosterhout »

I arrived in Iran this month. I didn't fill in the e-visa VOA form beforehand. This was not needed.
Also; I had stamps in my passport that were proof I traveled from Israel to Jordon over land, nobody problems!
1 x

yeeenn

Post by yeeenn »

some Malaysian are worry about free visa for land crossing. i got it 15 days free visa when i cross the border from Herat to Mashhad. Without many question, they stamp on my passport.

Some Malaysian are worry about free visa if they cross from Armenia to Iran. Should be no issue. We are famous among Iranian.

good luck
1 x

Marteen

Post by Marteen »

I've landed in Shiraz in April 2018 and had all required documents printed out (e-visa application confirmation, health insurance confirmation, hotel booking confirmation, onward flight ticket), however the immigration staff member only had a quick look at the first page of the e-visa confirmation and didn't seem to really care about it, he didn't even check any other document. I had to pay 75 EUR at the bank (German passport) and even got a 60-days visa after roughly stating my itinerary. One of the smoothest immigration processes I've gone through.
2 x

Antodipla

Post by Antodipla »

Hello!
Any news? Anyone has information about the exit flight ticket? Is not required? I would like to exit from Iran by bus through Azerbaijan.
Thanks
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

Timatic says "Visitors not holding return/onwards tickets might be refused entry". I have never heard that an iranian border guard actually asked for this, but your airline may do so, as they'd have to transport you back on their expense if you're refused entry.
1 x

Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Hello. I applied for the evisa but I forgot to confirm the link in the next few hours.. So normaly I have to apply again. I did it but is writting my first application is still pending... So I am stuck. I cant confirm my first application anymore and I cant apply anymore as well. I wrote to the mfa and the embassy but no answers.. What should I do?
0 x

Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Hi everybody, I am french and have applied for the evisa since 15days. I got a paper with a code and my picture on it. But my application statut is still waiting for verification. I have to take the visa in douchanbe because i am currently in this city. But at the iranian embassy they didnt give me the visa because it is still waiting for verification. But I have to go to ouzbekistan and it wont be possible to get my visa in douchanbe anymore... Can I take a flight from tashkent (one way no return) without hotel reservation and without evisa just with my paper with the code to Teheran? I have heard some people got the visa on arrival without online application.
Thank you in advance!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

According to theory, if you fly in you should be able to get the VOA since you already applied through the e-visa site.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D