Embassy report: Russian visa in Baku

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Russian visa in Baku?

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the embassy of Russia in Baku below.

We summarize all info on the Russia visa page.

See here if you are still in need of a letter of invitation for your Russian visa.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

enimeep

Embassy report: Russian visa in Baku

Post by enimeep »

Has anybody attempted this? I would have an invitation from a Russian friend and plan to cycle from Iran to Russia, so getting my visa in Bake would be optimal!
Thanks
0 x

Gotgot

Re: Russian visa in Baku?

Post by Gotgot »

I went to the embassy of Russia this morning with a French passport and foreigners CAN NOT apply for a tourist visa here. They need to be resident in Azerbaijan... Or to have a wife with Russian nationality. So sad...
1 x

MannyM

Re: Embassy report: Russian visa in Baku

Post by MannyM »

You can apply for a transit visa in Baku if you are UK resident. Presume same for other countries.

Baku office open 900- 1300 on Tuesday and Thursday only. Best to apply online first and then go in with printed application and good quality passport photo. Cost is 137 AZM for 3-4 days processing or 277 AZM for next day. I asked for and got 7 days as said I would cycle. Best to arrive 900 as can take a few hours to queue and see one staff member who does foreign visas. Embassy is quite nice toilets and sofa to sit on!

Don’t think you can apply for a tourist visa unless you have residency in Azerbaijan
0 x