anyone succeed in getting a pak visa in Baku after getting a Georgian residence permit ?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
georgestravelsasia

anyone succeed in getting a pak visa in Baku after getting a Georgian residence permit ?

Postby georgestravelsasia » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi all !

I'm a French hitcher currently in Tbilisi and trying to figure out how to make my way across to Nepal with the thumb (and the odd cross-border taxi when no other options are possible).

I have the classic Pakistan problem since apparently my home embassy requires in-person interviews.

Chinese backdoor seems locked as Tibet is still officially non-hitchable. I have read stories of people who did make it, but it involved getting off the truck to sneak across road checkpoints and camping in the open while waiting for the next morning ride. Since I woud most likely be there in the winter it sounds a tad harsh. The other backdoor would be all the way across China then through Myanmar (with possible detour through Laos and Thailand as the sino-burmese border may be non crossable) and India.

Therefore I'm calling for embassy reports of possible Pakistani visas given to third nationals anywhere in Caucasus/Central Asia. Already found a report in Tehran although it didn't go all the way to visa approval since visa validity didn't fit with the poster's plans.
viewtopic.php?p=13158#p13158

Especially did anyone succeed in getting the Pak visa in Baku after getting a Georgian Residence Permit ?
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Re: anyone succeed in getting a pak visa in Baku after getting a Georgian residence permit ?

Postby Crazydre » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:24 pm

The rule is that you have to apply either in your country of citizenship or your country of residence. In this case, the Baku embassy processes residents of Georgia, so it should be doable. Call them and explain you live in Georgia, and ask if you can apply.
0 x