Iran with Israeli visa stamps

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Iran with Israeli visa stamps

Postby steven » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:07 pm

I used to have this down as: big issue.

It seems that now the issue has disappeared: you can have Israeli visas or stamps in your passport according to this embassy report.

Updates welcome! We summarize info at the Iran visa page
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

pedroaraujo

Iran Visa with Jordan-Israel border Stamp

Postby pedroaraujo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:56 am

Hello,
I was thinking about visiting Iran on early November, but I noticed a few weeks ago that although I don't have an Israeli stamp on my passport, I have a stamp from Jordan showing that I crossed the aqaba border into Israel in November last year.
My plan was to get a visa on arrival, as I have a Portuguese passport but now I'm afraid that they might deny me entry into the country and I have to get an expensive flight out of Iran.

What should I do?

Should I go for it anyway? Or do I have time to go to an embassy first? I have to be there in early November otherwise I won't have time to see Iran.

And do I need an invitation letter?
I'll be in Tbilisi tomorrow.

Here's the stamp: https://i.imgur.com/FbjVy1C.jpg
0 x

isac

Re: Iran Visa with Jordan-Israel border Stamp

Postby isac » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:31 am

Hi, I will try to cross from Armenia in about 2 weeks and I have the same problem. I can give you infos then (if you do it before, I will appreciate your feedbacks ;)
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Get yourself a second passport, it's illegal according to Iranian law. If your passport is full of stamps, it may not be checked, but if someone does so and finds it, you'll be in trouble. You might also be blacklisted by the Iranians.
0 x

pedroaraujo

Postby pedroaraujo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Milad wrote:Get yourself a second passport, it's illegal according to Iranian law. If your passport is full of stamps, it may not be checked, but if someone does so and finds it, you'll be in trouble. You might also be blacklisted by the Iranians.

I can get in trouble just by trying to get a iranian visa with that stamp on my passport?

I got some hope from what it says on the caravanistan website: "For travelers with any evidence of visiting Israel: it used to be a problem. Anecdotal evidence of travelers seems to indicate it is no longer an issue since 2017"
0 x

pedroaraujo

Postby pedroaraujo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:56 pm

isac wrote:Hi, I will try to cross from Armenia in about 2 weeks and I have the same problem. I can give you infos then (if you do it before, I will appreciate your feedbacks ;)

Ah nice, i'm not alone! I think I'll go to the Tbilisi embassy this week and I'll let you know. But i'm kinda losing hope for Iran
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:02 pm

I can get in trouble just by trying to get a iranian visa with that stamp on my passport?

At the embassy, all they can do is to deny your visa application and possibly blacklist you. You might get in trouble if they didn't bother to flip through your passport at the embassy but do so at the border, as visiting Israel is an actual crime in Iran. I therefore always recommend to get a second passport, the peace of mind should be worth the cost, although nowadays most people report no problems, yes.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:22 am

Milad: do you have any evidence of people getting in trouble because of an Israeli stamp since 2017? If so, let me know, then I will change the wording on the visa page.
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

isac

Postby isac » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:17 am

I actually also heard that is no longer a problem. Is illegal to visit Israel for Iranian citizen. Yes, not for tourist. Anyway, I would specifically ask at the embassy if the stamp is a problem (hoping they don't notice the stamp, doesn't sound like the best option) .
I wait your news. Thanks.
1 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:22 am

Not since 2017, no. But Iran is a country where everything can happen and the authorities are totally unpredictable, which is why I can only advise to be better safe than sorry.
1 x