Easy to get an India visa in Armenia or Iran?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
8wheels

Easy to get an India visa in Armenia or Iran?

Postby 8wheels » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:12 am

Hello,

Did anyone apply for a visa at the embassy of India in Yerevan in Armenia or somewhere in Iran lately? How long does it usually take to get it? We already have visa for Iran and Pakistan. India is now the only one missing. We would want to get a 6 months multiple entry and have German passports.

We know, you should not tell, that you drive with a car, so what does one do about showing the return flight ticket when applying for the visa? Is there a flight company that will refund all your money when you book a flight with them?

Thanks for sharing any experiences.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Easy to get an India visa in Armenia or Iran?

Postby steven » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Let us know if you find out elsewhere!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

georgestravelsasia

Postby georgestravelsasia » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Went to the embassy in Yerevan this Friday and they said no-no. Only for residents (Georgia or Armenia). Waiting for my man in Tehran to check there before I plan the next move :) Where did you get the pak visa ?
1 x

georgestravelsasia

Postby georgestravelsasia » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Got several reports from people who applied for an Indian visa in Tehran. It IS possible as a foreigner but if they never have seen your nationality before it will be difficult/lengthy. I dont think they will ask for a plane ticket, just say you're coming by bus from Pakistan.
I'm going there next week to apply and will post a report and link here.
0 x