Visa application and address in country (Azerbaijan and Afghanistan) - I don't want to plan my adress

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
captbeardsomme

Visa application and address in country (Azerbaijan and Afghanistan) - I don't want to plan my adress

Post by captbeardsomme »

Hi

This year me and a friend will be doing the Mongol Rally; As such we are now working with the plethora of Visas we need.

As we are driving, we can't be certain on the dates we will arrive in different places (and also we would like to have the flexibility to switch around on the dates if we find something cool). Our problem is that some countries require us to state the address where we will live when we arrive.

Foremost in my mind now is Azerbaijan and Afghanistan

Do you know if this has to be a real booking? Could I just find a hotel and provide that address? Or do I have to have an actual booking? If that is the case, would there be any repercussions if I make a booking and don't use it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
0 x

lora

Re: Visa application and address in country (Azerbaijan and Afghanistan) - I don't want to plan my adress

Post by lora »

Cannot speak for Afghanistan, but i recently applied for an eVisa forAzerbaijan and gave a hotel address without actually making a booking. Wasn’t an issue.
1 x