Dual citizenship: French & Israeli

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Django

Dual citizenship: French & Israeli

Post by Django »

Hello and Shalom.
I am a citizen of both France and Israel. In my French passport my adress in Israel is mentioned (not a major issue, as it can be changed) but my bigger problem is it will always say that i was born in Israel.

Regardless the Israeli law about silk road countries,
Will it be an issue to administer a visa (on my French passport) if they see i was born in Israel?
Just to make sure, i am a jewish israeli citizen, not Muslim.

Thanks for reading
Django
[email protected]
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Dual citizenship: French & Israeli

Post by steven »

I am not sure if you can visit Iran, but I think it's worth a try. Officially, only citizens of Israel are not allowed into Iran. As long as you can hide you are a citizen by just showing your French passport, I think it is possible.

Other countries are ok with Israelis.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

hartmonster3

Post by hartmonster3 »

Also RE: Israelis (I already sent you an email django). Friends and I plan on shipping an Israeli car with israel plates (eek!) to Greece and heading east. As suggested here we are going to freely switch our passports (also American) and I'm not overly concerned... my logic is I'd rather risk a few extra police stops but actually have registration that matches our names+IDs than try circumvent stuff by buying Greek or Bulgarian
0 x
From Athens to Beijing coming soon on May 25th, 2018

Follow along at verynearlydisastrous.com

edwardo123

Post by edwardo123 »

An Israeli who hitched with us last summer travelled through Kyrgyzstan on his Israeli passport and then switched to his US one as he immigrated into Tajikistan. The army were a little confused and not totally happy about it (although it's totally legitimate), so he wound up giving them $10 to make the issue go away. (this was at the very remote Bordobo crossing south of Sary Tash).

Generally Israeli passport is no issue in the region, except Uzbekistan who charge steeply for the Letter of Invitation - and of course Iran. If your French passport makes mention of Israel (eg aliyah stamp) that might be an issue for Iran - depends how observant the embassy visa officials are. Can't comment on Israeli number plates, but almost certain there'll be a lot of head scratching...
0 x

Django

Post by Django »

Thsnk you. I also sent E-mails to certain Stan countries just to be sure.
In my french passport it says that i was born in israel so no Iran for me, at least not nowadays...
0 x