Embassy report: Chinese visa in Sydney

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Embassy report: Chinese visa in Sydney

Post by steven »

Please post your updates below. Reports are summarized in the Chinese visa guide.

Got the following question via e-mail:

We are traveling up the karakoram hwy into china. Applied for a visa, in Sydney Australia. Was refused because i could not provide evidence of our entry. As we are hoping to take the NATCO bus from Sost to Tashkurgan we cant provide such proof. And they were not too happy about being independent travellers even though i provided an itinerary and hotel bookings.

Any idea how to proceed. Just csnt seem to connect to NATCO for an advance bus ticket.

**********Reply********

Due to the stringent security measures in Xinjiang, it is best not to say you are going there. I suggest faking a complete itinerary: Beijing, Shanghai, Great Wall. Get refundable flight tickets as well. Otherwise, they won't let you in. Remember, China is a police state.

Advance bus ticket: do you need one? Can't you just buy one on the day or once in Pakistan?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Chinese visa in Sydney

Post by steven »

on the second try...

Having been to Kashgar and Urumqi en route to Almaty, I knew it was possible to get a visa for there. So I reapplied this time with lots more paperwork - I provided air flights into Pakistan (from Muscat actually) internal flight in Pakistan up to Gilgit from Lahore, accommodation confirmations ( just Booking.com ones) along the Karakoram and then a page from NATCOs website that lists the Sost to Tashkurgan daily bus and the price - all highlighted, then airline bookings from Kashgar to Urumqi, accommodation receipts for Urumqi and Turpan and then our flight booking from Urumqi to Sydney. I highlighted all the dates and towns so it showed a clear itinerary of our activities and that we were exiting China. Only issued as a single entry visa valid for 3 months from date of application for a maximum of a 30 day stay. Be ready in 3 days!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D