Uzbek Visa applying far in advance

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
leela

Uzbek Visa applying far in advance

Postby leela » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:36 am

I understand that the 30 days stay has to be within three months of the application. As it can take a couple of weeks for the application to go through, does the three months start from the date the application is handed in, or from the date that the visa is picked up? We could be working in quite a tight time frame, so the extra week or two could make a difference.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbek Visa dates

Postby steven » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:54 am

It's usually not a problem to apply more than 3 months in advance.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

leela

Postby leela » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:06 pm

Has that changed then? When I accidentally applied 3.5 months in advance, three or four years ago (London Embassy), my application was returned and I had to resend it a couple of weeks later.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:25 am

I see... It has not changed, actually. It's simply that most embassies don't make a big deal out of it. I remember my brother applying in Brussels 6 months in advance a few years back, and that was fine. I didn't know the London embassy makes such a big deal out of it.

In your case, if it's still the same guy manning the desk there, I believe it starts from the date the visa is picked up - but that's more of an educated guess rather than anything else.
0 x

leela

Postby leela » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Thanks Steven. I might see if I can call them to check. I'll report back if I find out anything.
0 x

leela

Postby leela » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:37 pm

First hurdle. When I filled in the online form as required, when I went to print it, it had been time stamped, and was only valid for three months from today. So even worse than I thought. It's not even three months from lodging the form and documents at the embassy.

I'll try to call the London embassy tomorrow. But I seem to remember it being very difficult to get through last time I tried to call.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:46 am

Thanks for the heads up, leela. I will add that to the visa article. Hopefully the e-visa system will alleviate such worries in the future. For now, I guess we are stuck with this issue.
0 x

leela

Postby leela » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Well I finally got through to the embassy, where an exceptionally grumpy guy said that it should be okay to bring in last night's forms for a visa for entry on June 1st. But he didn't fill me with confidence.

I'll come back and report in a couple of weeks.
1 x

leela

Postby leela » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:49 pm

Sorry for the late report. But there was no problem at all with getting the visa, despite the date on the top of the form being wrong.
1 x