Dates for GBAO permit

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
ste2239

Dates for GBAO permit

Post by ste2239 »

Hi guys, we are taking part in the 2018 Mongol Rally and we are planning to do the Pamir Highway. I know we need a GBAO permit to enter the Gorno-Badakhshan region, but I read in the FAQs of the Tajik e-visa website that one should enter the region on the exact date specified on the permit.
We can't foresee when we are going to enter the region, but we would prefer to have all the visas and permits ready before the start, so I wanted to know how strict is border control with Gorno-Badakhshan, if we can get in even in a different day from the one specified on the GBAO permit or if it is better and less risky to do our GBAO permit in Dushanbe when we'll get there.

Stefano
0 x

Samkhanija

Re: Dates for GBAO permit

Post by Samkhanija »

I have the same concern, can we use the GBAO permit any time during my stay in Tajikistan, this is for the month of June, will be traveling on the bicycle.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

That sadly is wrong on the e-visa site. You can enter later and exit earlier from GBAO and from Tajikistan.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

ste2239

Post by ste2239 »

Thank you Steven!
1 x