Iran - next tourist visa in a row / or residence

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
hitchhikable

Iran - next tourist visa in a row / or residence

Post by hitchhikable »

Hi guys, couldn't research this bit of information on Caravanistan or on the web - sorry if the topic was already mentioned.

I'm looking for ways that would enable me to stay beyond 90 days in Iran. Currently I am on a tourist visa (1.5 months in) and if I extend it twice*30 days to a total of 90 days, can I just leave the country and immediately apply for another tourist Iran visa? Or is there a e.g. 90/180 or another rule that will apply? Please share what you think would enhance/reduce my chances.

Also, is it possible to apply for a residence permit being in Iran on a tourist visa? I am considering job/studies/marriage options. Any advice appreciated, or just direct me to threads/pages I could find usable. I am a male with passport of Ukraine.

Thank you! Happy travels.
0 x

rfoltz

Re: Iran - next tourist visa in a row / or residence

Post by rfoltz »

Enrolling as a student would probably be your best (maybe only) option for staying long-term in Iran. Two good possibilities are Persian language classes at the Dekhoda Institute (on Vali Asr near Pesyan below Tajrish Square) or the MA in Iranian Studies at Tehran University's Faculty of World Studies.
I think it is unlikely you can obtain a work permit unless a foreign company wants to hire you. Marrying an Iranian woman will not be very helpful unless you do it outside of Iran. Within the country there are laws in place (directed at Afghans, but applicable to everybody) that make the process extremely long and difficult.
2 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

I don't know about a rule that says you cannot go for a visa run and cross the border with another country and return the next day on a new tourist visa. Does not mean there is no such rule, but perhaps it is worth researching as well.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

hitchhikable

Post by hitchhikable »

Hi, thanks guys! Let me see what I can find out, and I will update.
Best
Anton
1 x