Visa Report : Tajikistan e-visa for Hong Kong Travellers

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
teesurasak

Visa Report : Tajikistan e-visa for Hong Kong Travellers

Post by teesurasak »

We are group of 8 from Hong Kong, both BNO/SAR holders, and we applied and issued e-visa from their official portal with no problem, and the visa was approved and sent to my email within an hour.
My tips is, make sure the size of your passport copy is less than 1mb, or fill everything correctly.
1 x

kxstsr

Re: Visa Report : Tajikistan e-visa for Hong Kong Travellers

Post by kxstsr »

I am also holding Hong Kong SAR passport. Unfortunately my evisa application was rejected recently in April 2019 like other Chinese passport holders. I think I have filled everything correct, and even attached a hotel booking confirmation. But still they rejected with a simple comment: no.
I have also read post from another Chinese travel site saying like 1/4 of Hong Kong citizens were refused, but those refused finally managed to get the evisa with a second or third try.
Now I'm trying a second application, but the evisa site has shown "validation in progress" for more than a week with no results at all, and according to comments from another forum, such long waits still usually results a denial of evisa. According to that site, someone (who holds a Chinese passport) has waited for 2 weeks before his evisa application was rejected.
I really prefer they sentence quicker.
3 x

Kit.law.70

Post by Kit.law.70 »

Can you mention what are the options you have picked in the portal, as a footnote to other travelers?
Especially for City of birth, Country of birth, Country of citizenship and Current country of citizenship, as appears on your passport.
0 x

tyrion

Post by tyrion »

My friend and I (both HKSAR passport holders) applied for the e-visa with GBAO permit a few days ago. We didn't provide any more information than necessary. Just randomly picked one hostel in LP for our "address in Tajikistan". Our e-visas were approved after 3 working days. Good luck fellow Hongkongers!
1 x

SCompass

Post by SCompass »

Hi All - I applied Evisa using IVISA service it has been a week or more still no answer. can I ask how long does it usually take for one to know if they got rejected or not. also did your second application works?
0 x

isaac.hei

Post by isaac.hei »

Hi, may I know if they would refund the fee if they reject your e-visa? From above comments seems that it is ok to have a second try but if they do not refund each time then it would be like a trap of gambling...
0 x

tyrion

Post by tyrion »

isaac.hei wrote:Hi, may I know if they would refund the fee if they reject your e-visa? From above comments seems that it is ok to have a second try but if they do not refund each time then it would be like a trap of gambling...
No they don't refund the fee...
0 x

pmiu

Post by pmiu »

Applied for an e-visa (without GBAO permit) with BNO passport, two-week turnaround time, supplemented with hostel confirmation. Good luck everyone!
0 x