Embassy report: Iran visa in Erbil, Iraqi Kurdistan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Embassy report: Iran visa in Erbil, Iraqi Kurdistan

Postby steven » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Please post questions and reports on the Iranian consulate in Erbil here. We summarize all reports at the embassy reports on the Iran visa page.
0 x
I try to read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Iran visa in Erbil, Iraqi Kurdistan

Postby steven » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Report from March 2018:

Arrived at 7:50am on Sunday there were already half a dozen people waiting. I found the location using Google Maps, it says embassy but it is a consulate. More people arrived through to 8:30am when the doors open, there is a scrum for entrance, people pass two at a time and are given tickets with Iranian numbers.

There are seats in the lobby for waiting, there were two people working there one handles money the other the applications. Even with the ticketing system it was still somewhat disorderly.

For the application I need one passport photo, my passport and the print out of my reference number. I payed cash at the consulate $120 USD for an Australian passport. I waited in the embassy for less than half an hour after paying and was given back my passport photo and my passport with the visa.
0 x
I try to read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D