Uzbekistan - New Rules For Visa On Arrival Starting May 1, 2018?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
WJ2000

Uzbekistan - New Rules For Visa On Arrival Starting May 1, 2018?

Post by WJ2000 »

Does anyone know more about these new rules, such as eligible countries and restrictions (such as the short "approved tours" requirement)?

"Transit Visas for Uzbekistan Available Starting May 1

08 February 2018

Category: Uzbekistan Visa

Starting from May 1, Uzbekistan will offer short-term entrance visas for those traveling through the country. The visas will only be valid for 72 hours, reports Gazeta.uz. This decision was announced by the President of Uzbekistan, Shavkat Mirziyoyev.

Transit passengers will be able to leave customs zones in airports for short, approved tours. Visitors will be able to leave the airport between 8:00 and 21:00 with a guide. Passengers who decide to use this service should have a plane ticket (and if necessary, a visa) to a third destination. Visitors will also need to pay a consular fee.

A list of countries that will be eligible for short-term visas will be released shortly."

Here is the link I quoted from above:

https:/…20180208-409.htm

But there are other articles saying basically the same thing. I have not seen any articles since February, and I have not seen anything about the list of eligible countries. The consulate in New York does not have any information about these new rules.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan - New Rules For Visa On Arrival Starting May 1, 2018?

Post by steven »

Same for me, no new info so far.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

WJ2000

Re: Uzbekistan - New Rules For Visa On Arrival Starting May 1, 2018?

Post by WJ2000 »

May 1 has come and gone, and no information yet?
0 x