3 day transit visa with land entry/exit

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Post Reply
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:37 am

3 day transit visa with land entry/exit

Post by Rioesmarex »

2 questions:
1) Does anyone know if it's possible to get a 3 day transit visa at the border of Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan at either the Tejen or Chernayevka border crossings......" WITHOUT " having to apply to an embassy and submitting your passport and all the other time consuming rigarmarole ? Something similar to " Visa on Arrival " but NOT at an airport. If yes, any idea of what a 3 day transit visa would cost ? The Embassy website says $60 for U.S. citizens if you go through the embassy.
2) If such a visa is possible at the border, would a 3 day transit visa work for an entry from Kazakhstan ( Chernayevka crossing ) and exit through the same crossing to go back out. i.e. just a quick 2-3 day visit to Tashkent without having to spend $160 for a tourist visa and all the accompanying paperwork and hassle.

We are coming from the port of Aquat in Kazakhstan and are looking at either of the border crossings mentioned above although from Tejen, 3 days to transit is not really realistic.
We were going to come through Turkmenistan but their transit visa process is just as complicated and ridiculous so coming though Kasazkhstan is a better option and we don't even need visas for Kazakhstan.
All ideas appreciated
0 x

Trains expert
Trains expert
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:19 pm
x 53
x 286

Re: 3 day transit visa with land entry/exit

Post by Milad »

You neither can get an Uzbek visa at any land border nor can you use a transit visa to enter from and leave to the same country (that's why it's called a transit visa). You'll have to get your visa from an embassy/consulate.
1 x

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post