Embassy report: Kazakh visa in Baku.

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: [report] Kazakh visa in Baku.

Postby steven » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Please read and post reports on the embassy of Kazakhstan in Baku below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Kazakhstan visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Mikael

Embassy report: Kazakh visa in Baku.

Postby Mikael » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:02 pm

Came 15 mins before opening time Tues. Consular clerk showed up 2 mins later and let me in. So no waiting.

Applied for double entry and was told it would be ready Thurs. I know you can probably push to get it faster, but I hate being a nuisance.

Thurs I again went there 15 mins early and again I was let in. And turns out I got a 90 day 3-entry visa. No idea why but fine by me.

Finding the embassy isn't that hard. I did cheat and take a cab tho. When doing so have the adress in print or on your phone no matter where you are going. Speeds up the process. And if you don't like haggling take a London-cab. They use meters. From the hostel in Old City to embassy it was 5 manat.

Oh... finding the embassy... Grand Hotel Europe is up on the hill and you just take the road before getting to it. Theres a big blue sign sayin Qazaxstan something. Got a pic. If the hotel isn't visual clue enough look for the old olympic arena. BIG circular thing on your right when going up the boulevard towards the hotel. Just go past that and then right following the light blue signs for the embassy.

The closest bank is down the right fork of the boulevard when going down towards town before the Hyatt hotels... right before the Mont Blanc store on the left side of the road. 10 min walk tops.
0 x

Mikael

Postby Mikael » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:06 pm

Okay... no clue how to upload pics here from my phone. Will put on your fb-page if there is one.
0 x

Mikael

Postby Mikael » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Sent as pm, as it seems I chose the wrong button. Must be the heat or a sideeffect of vegging it in a hostel for a week... i.e. the heat... well, humidity. :-[

Holler if you didn't get it. Might make some from the port/ferry too.
0 x

tirana2Beijing

Kazakhstan visa in Baku

Postby tirana2Beijing » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:18 pm

While traveling overland from Tirana to Beijing, we decided to arrange all visas on the road. In Baku, my partner (Albanian) had to arrange her Kazakhstan visa which was a bit of a hassle as we did not have a LOI so we decided to apply for a 5 day transit visa. Below you can find how we managed.

1) We visited the Kazakhstan embassy close to Xatai metro station in their new building next to the ATAY shopping center on Friday, gave a copy of our passport, a photo and we filled in the application form. After this we received the details for the payment (20 dollars) which we had to pay at a branch of Azerbaijan Bank outside the ATAY shopping center and bring back the papers of the bank to the embassy.
2) On Tuesday we went back to give the passport for putting the visa in. 5 days transit visa which you can enter Kazakhstan within 30 days from issuing.

Jorik
1 x