Getting Chinese visa with Turkish e-visa in place

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
leela

Getting Chinese visa with Turkish e-visa in place

Post by leela »

As I have both Turkish and Iranian label visas in my passport, I'm planning on applying for a new passport in order to apply for a Chinese visa. However, I visited Turkey again a couple of weeks ago, this time with an e-visa, so no sticky label evidence.

But now I'm concerned that as it's valid for multiple entries over 12 months, the e-visa will show on the Chinese Embassy's computer, linked to my passport number.

Is that how it works, or am I being dim? Do I just have to write off China for now, or is the e-visa only visible to the Turkish authorities?
0 x

leela

Re: Getting Chinese visa with Turkish e-visa in place

Post by leela »

Is this no longer a problem then? Because a few months ago people were being refused visas if they had a Turkish visa in their passports. I remember it being discussed at The Silk Road talk in London where you were on the panel, and a visa company I contacted back then also said it would be a problem.

Dammit, it looks like I've renewed my passport three years early for nothing then.
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

They can't see the e-Visa, but usually Turkey will stamp your passport also if you use an eVisa, and obviously they'll see that stamp. Apart from that, it appears that you can get a Chinese visa again with Turkish stamps, as long as they don't have a reason to believe that you're Turkish/Muslim/Uighur/whatever. Note that many countries offer a second passport to their citizens so you can separate stamps of countries that "don't like each other", maybe your country too?.
2 x

laurent_rio

Post by laurent_rio »

My experience with applying tourist visa China is Singapore is yes, they will ask about your visit to Turkey

i submit the passport via visa service centre and they dont check about stamp Turkey, but the next day i receive call from embassy staff ask what is my purpose to Turkey, how long and what did i do. So i believe it is protocol for them to invesitage visit to Turkey

Another experience from my friend, he visited Iran before and he applied Visa China in Indonesia, normally Embassy will not ask interview for tourist visa but since they found my friend visit Iran before, he was asked for interview, very informal interview just ask what is good in Iran and what can be seen there : )
1 x

luketao

Post by luketao »

A few months ago, Turkey officially recognized ETIM as a terrorist organization. The relationship between China and Turkey has since improved.
China greatly simplified the procedures for Turkish citizens applying for Chinese visa in Turkey, so I don't think Turkish stamps on other passports are a problem any more.

I am surprised that Chinese embassies would ask about Iran entries. China and Iran seem to be in good terms. US embassies, on the other hand, would definitely bug you about Iran entries.
3 x

leela

Post by leela »

Just adding this link to the thread. It's not e-visa specific, but the later posts on page 2 in particular, indicate that Turkish stamps can still be an issue. Certainly people relying on getting a transit visa on arrival could find themselves being refused entry.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic ... China.html
0 x