Embassy report: Pakistan visa in Paris

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
shwedagon

Any input on applying for Pakistan visa in Paris embassy?

Post by shwedagon »

Hi there,
Has anyone gone through the process of submitting a visa application file through the Pakistan Embassy in Paris, France?
I am a French citizen (but I am not in France right now). I understand that I will have to submit my request in France.
I had a look at their site: they have a list of documents required :
Letter of employment
Letter from Tourist Agency in Pakistan
Reservation of Hotel
Reservation and Air Ticket
Bank statement
Can anyone comment on that? add details?
Many thanks!
Antoine
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Any input on applying for Pakistan visa in Paris embassy?

Post by steven »

Hi shwedagon,

seems clear enough! Let us know if the process is different than stated on the website.

Good luck!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

shwedagon

Post by shwedagon »

Hi Steven,

Thansk for your comment, I shall share my experience with obtaining a visa in Paris on the forum.

In the mean time I have contacted your travel agency through Caravanistan for an LOI.
Here is the answer I have received from Kamal Hussain of Snowland Treks and Tours:

"We only assist genuine travellers for tourist visa , those Pakistanis who are inviting a friend or business partner to Pakistan can apply for visit visa.
Regards
--
Kamal Hussain
Snowland Treks and Tours"

I am not sure to understand this response: I am genuinely French and I have no Pakistani connection...

Best,
Eitan
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

I sent you an e-mail.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Vio

Post by Vio »

Hello !

We are currently exactly in the same process. We called in Pakistanis embassy in Paris (no the most friendly people), they confirmed that we need an invitation letter. Kamal is very efficient.

Still pending questions :
- We are planning to cross Pakistan by motorbike from India to China, so we don't have plane ticket. As far as we understood, it could work with an explanation of our exact road trip with plane ticket for India and information about the continuation of our travel in China.
- Any information about the employment letter ? I will be between 2 jobs, so without employer at the time of our travel.
- hotel reservation (it should work with booking reservation)
- bank statement (last month should work)

Our appointment at the embassy is next Saturday 14th of April. I'll keep you update.

Violaine
1 x

Patpag

Post by Patpag »

Hi Violaine,

How did your appointment at the embassy go? Hopefully, you got the visa!

We are roughly in the same situation:

- Crossing overland: in from India, and out to China
- Letter of employment: self-employed consultant so I guess we will need to do our own letter.
- Hotel reservations via online reservation
- Bank statement not an issue

I am guessing you got your LOI from Kamal Hussain of Snowland Treks and Tours? Are you booking a tour with them, or are you only getting the LOI?

Cheers,
Patricia
0 x

Vio

Embassy report: Pakistan visa in Paris

Post by Vio »

Hello !

I didn't find any Frenches who shared their experience with the Pakistan embassy in Paris. We just get our visas 2 days ago, so here is the story:

As I'm currently living in Delhi (India), I first tried to ask for a tourist visa in Delhi (as i'm resident). Just forget it, if you don't have a visa which is still available for at least 1 year, they don't take your form (and as employment visa has to be renew every year... it's almost impossible).

So, you have to applied from your country of origin. If you can't leave the country where you actually are, it works if someone else ask the visa on your behalf (It was the case for me, they didn't check the stamps).

What do you need :
- LOI is requested (we used Caravanistan services, which was perfect !)
- Employment letter (if you will be unemployed by the time you are travelling, asked a letter from your employer before, or they tried to told me to ask it from my former company - fortunately for me, i will quit my job only in 1 month).
- we booked some hotels using booking and print out the reservation (it can be canceled).
- the last months of your bank statement
- the form to be filled is quite complete, we had to use 2 supplementaries sheets to give the complete list of visited countries and previous jobs.

The most difficult part was that as we are planning to cross Pakistan from India to China by motorbikes, we don't have any flight tickets. So they asked us the visas from India and China, with some proof of reservation (flights to India, agency booking for China). Of course, we didn't anticipate it, so it took us more time than expected (we had to ask the Chinese visa first).

Before going to the embassy, you need to schedule an appointment http://www.pakembparis.com/appointment- ... -services/
If you need some information, you can call them by phone from Tuesday to Saturday from 2pm to 4pm. They are not the nicest and most welcome embassies employees, but at the end, they finally gave us our visa !

Surprisingly, during our appointment on Saturday the embassy was quite empty, but on Thursday it was crazy ! We finally get our visas in 5 days (6 days announced by the embassy).

They also told us that the French diplomacy asked them to avoid giving too much tourist visas (or to be very careful). As you probably know, it is formally advised by French diplomacy not to visit Pakistan (red country).

First step completed for us !
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

For people who can speak french, you can follow our adventures here: https://unpeudepices.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/unpeudepices/

Violaine
2 x

shwedagon

Re: Embassy report: Pakistan tourist visa in Paris embassy for French citizens

Post by shwedagon »

Hi Violaine,

Thank you so much for sharing this report of your experience with the Pakistan embassy in Paris! Much appreciated!

I understand that the process has not been entirely smooth as you had to return with your Chinese visa. Sorry for that. Good to know...

I also understand that you got your LOI from Kamal Hussain (recommended by Caravanistan) and that it was OK?

Just 2 more questions if possible:
1. I guess that you will be riding along the Karakoram Highway, from Islamabad all the way to the Khunjerab Pass (China border)? Was it no problem? (I have read in some forums that the Pakistani authorities do not like tourists to go to this area). Are you maybe planning to visit other parts of Pakistan during your stay? (Swat valley? Chitral? Kalash valley?). If yes, was it no problem to mention these places?
2. How long is your visa for? I seem to understand that one month is the maximum obtainable at the embassy in Paris. Did you inquire? If yes, Is there a way to ask for more (2 months)?

Many thanks for your help!
Antoine
0 x

Patpag

Post by Patpag »

We went to the Pakistan Embassy in Paris and they told us our LOI from a friend in Islamabad isn't good enough. They insist it has to be an LOI from a tour operator, so told us to get a tour, get an LOI from the operator, and come back with that.

We are also planning on existing via China (already have the Chinese visa) so hopefully that will be enough.

Re. applying for the Caravanistan LOI, the page says we need a day-by-day itinerary. How detailed and accurate does it need to be? We know roughly our itinerary but not with exact dates since we might decide to stay longer in places if we like them, or cut it short if we don't. Has anyone insight on this? Is there a way to contact Kamal Hussain and ask him directly about this?

Thanks
Patricia
0 x

shwedagon

Re: Embassy report: Pakistan visa in Paris

Post by shwedagon »

Hi,

I just got my visa to Pakistan from the embassy in Paris.

Just a few updates for those who will have to follow the same process:
1. Getting a tourist visa to Pakistan is not a problem these days, provided you have an LOI.
2. You can ask for more than 1 month (I got 3 months just by asking!...)
3. No need to seek for an appointment. Just turn up at the consular section between 9.30 and 12.45, grab a visa number at the machine by the entrance door and wait to be called.

Finally: the person in charge at the visa section is nice and chatty. He is from Gilgit and loves tourists who intend to go there. He gave me advices and recommandations!

That's it folks!
Good luck to all and safe travel,
Antoine
1 x