Embassy report: Pakistan visa in Paris

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Noemiea28

Re: Embassy report: Pakistan visa in Paris

Postby Noemiea28 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Hey folks, I'm gonna apply for a Pakistani visa in the next couple of weeks or so and honestly this is confusing so maybe someone can help.

How come they accept to deliver 6 months validity visa while you are providing a letter of employment + flights etc
Don't they think "Why don't you apply just a month before going?!" ?

Do they really ask for flights and hotel bookings actually?
Because, like many, I'll be going overland ...

Did you provide all the right documents guys or did you make up itineraries/bookings and cancelled them afterwards?

Thanks in advance!

(Can someone also tell me why everyone speaks english instead of their native language on those forums because anyway you need to apply for this bloody visa in your home country? )

Bisous bisous!
0 x

Noemiea28

Re: Embassy report: Pakistan visa in Paris

Postby Noemiea28 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:04 pm

So I'm gonna report my own experience at the embassy in Paris
I provided: return flights to Paris, hotels bookings (only wrote Lahore and Islamabad on my itinerary so basically I booked 2 weeks in Lahore and 2 weeks in Islamabad), letter of employement that I made + signed myself, details of my last 2 years travels (avoided a couple of countries ...), the 10 pages visa form, an LOI (100$, got it within a couple of hours, gave them dates of my supposed to be trip, "itinerary" which was again Islamabad and Lahore)

No appointment needed, you can just show up at the embassy, grab a "visa applicant ticket", wait to be called.
Ladies, you are privileged, you can seat in front of the reception, guys you have to seat in the "men section".

The old man was super nice, he quikly had a look at my forms and all the other stuffs, didn't even check if everything was filled up properly, asked me what I was planning on seeing, he adviced me to "visit the mountains north of Islamabad, it's really beautiful" and offered me to pay double and get the visa in the afternoon the same day ( what I refused because of other plans).I paid 42 euros at the reception, and I left the embassy within 20mns!
Today, a week later I went to pick up my visa, again the same friendly old man, he and the receptionist gave me tones of bruchures on what to visit in Pakistan, and even a map of Gilgat Balistan ... Perfect because I'll be crossing from China ;P

My visa is valid for a period of 6 months, I can enter when I want and however I want up to the day written on my visa!

This supposed to be "super hard to get visa" was definetly one of the easiest! And the staff was just great and friendly!
No worriees to have if you are a french national, on a "long term vacation, without a job nor an employer, travelling overland", give them all the paperwork they want (my friend who was supposed to be my employer didn't get call) and you will get the visa without problems!

Happy travels!
3 x