Georgia border crossing from Azerbaijan border with E-visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Afdhal

Georgia border crossing from Azerbaijan border with E-visa

Post by Afdhal »

Hi..
Currently I am in Baku, Azerbaijan and have a plan to visit Georgia by bus/train. I’m Indonesian and not a permanent residence of Azerbaijan, so I can’t apply visa at the Georgia Embassy in Baku, so I’ll apply e-visa.
But..
Last year my friends tried to cross the Georgia border from Azerbaijan by bus, but they were rejected because the hold e-visa not ordinary visa.
Does anyone have experience or new update for this issue?

Thanks..🙏🏾
0 x

laurent_rio

Re: Georgia border crossing from Azerbaijan border with E-visa

Post by laurent_rio »

Hi Afdhal,

I am Indonesian also. I cross the border Azerbaijan to Georgia (use Azerbaijan evisa and Georgia evisa) in Balakan/Lagodekhi (near Sheki, not the railway border) border and get pass easily, 2 of Indonesian who pass later at same border also pass through easily

But i know that several Indonesian that use Azerbaijan and Georgia evisa was prohibited to cross at railway border Azerbaijan-Georgia and forced to back to Baku to take flight to Tbilisi.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

I am just wondering: were they sent back by the Georgian side or by the Azerbaijan side?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

jzy218

Post by jzy218 »

I was sent back by Azerbaijan on the train from Baku to Tbilisi in June 2017. Solution was to find a taxi and cross through the land border.
1 x

dxdiag

Post by dxdiag »

Not having a Georgian STICKER visa no longer seems to be a problem.

Previously, on Chinese travel forums, I've seen posts regarding being denied exit by the Azeri side when using the train from Baku to Tbilisi. Some travellers were forced to take a taxi to a road border.

I didn't apply for e-visa, but entered Georgia in last October on a Schengen visa. Similar visa waiver program also apply to holders of valid EU/GCC/US/Canada/AU/NZ/Japan/Korea visas.

Upon arriving at the Azeri border, an officer boarded the train and set up a "temporary" office with his laptop. He stamped me out of Azerbaijan without any questions. He did not even ask for Georgian visas.

At the Georgian side, officer boarded the train and collected everyone's passport. Upon seeing my Chinese passport, he asked whether I have a visa. I replied, I have Schengen. He took all passports to the office inside the train station and returned with entry stamps later.
2 x

pankajbatra

Post by pankajbatra »

Has anyone used a USA or Australia e-Visa (not a sticker) to enter Georgia via the Red Bridge border?
0 x