Tajik visa in Tashkent

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
JKB

Re: tajik visa in Tashkent

Postby JKB » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:44 am

Just got off the phone with the embassy staff member.
System is back up and working. Closed tomorrow (1st) for Independence day and open on Wednesday (2nd).
Will report back!
0 x

JKB

Re: tajik visa in Tashkent

Postby JKB » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:57 pm

Just picked it up this afternoon - back in action!
0 x

Daves

Tajikistan embassy in Tashkent. Tourist visa

Postby Daves » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:30 am

A quick update in regards to get a tourist visa for Tajikistan in Tashkent.
Easy to find the embassy, just Google it.
Phones are not relevant.
We got there early, it was big crowded already, 0815.
In the basement of the building across the street you'll pay 5 USD and the guy there will fill your application, you must have a passport picture.
Once done you enter the embassy building, go to the consul directly.
We got the visa after one hour, 50 USD is the price for one month.
You are a tourist, they let you pass before others.
Good luck.
1 x

Kwongeroo

Re: Tajik visa in Tashkent

Postby Kwongeroo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:35 am

A small update as of June 2019...
Went to the Tashkent embassy to ask about the visa process and was told it would cost $75 for a single entry tourist visa for 30 days. $25 of it was for a tour company to fill out the application form for us, and $50 for the visa. I didn't ask about filling out the online form first and how much that would cost or how long it would take. He essentially told us the evisa was the better option to get 45 days and at a cheaper cost. At the embassy we could just walk in and ask the staff our question as we were tourists.
1 x

Jonass

Postby Jonass » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Because the Tajik evisa website failed to process my visa (I still haven't received a reply two weeks after completing the application and the payment) I ended up applying for my Tajik Visa at the embassy in Tashkent.
The process is very fast forward: In the office opposite the embassy they get your paperwork in order for a small fee. You only have to bring your passport and one picture. Following that you enter the consular section of the embassy where they process and issue your visa on the spot. They charge 50$ for the visa and 25$ for a ominous tour company. Even though my visa states a tour company as my inviting party I'm not to sure about the necessity of this. When I asked for a bill they told me to come back later what I didn't do. As I got to skip the lines I spent less than one hour at the embassy and finally left with my visa.
The embassy in Tashkent does not issue Gbao permits.

As long as there are problems with the evisa system occurring I would recommend overland travelers passing through Uzbekistan to apply at the embassy in person. You spend 25$ extra but you might safe yourself from a lot of trouble. And spending one hour at the embassy is a lot less time than being stuck for days because of a failing evisa system.
1 x

ihughes

Postby ihughes » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:37 am

Just thought I would add that whilst paying at the embassy in Tashkent is definitely one quick solution, they ask you to pay in cash with no real record of the transaction. You can also bargain the price down which makes it seem all the more 'shady'. At the embassy in Bishkek, however, they assist you in retrieving your evisa applications (unlike the embassy in Tashkent which refused to pass over any contact details for the evisa team: they were only interested in receiving a cash payment in USD). After visiting the embassy in Bishkek, and contacting the correct people, I received my visa 10 hours later with no additional payment required. Hopefully this information is useful to those who do not want to unnecessarily part with an additional $75 USD!
1 x