Uzbekistan Multiple Entry Visa: Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Double Entry Visa in Arrival of Uzbekistan

Postby steven » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:07 am

CAHK wrote:Specifically, can I leave Uzbekistan within the validity of the visa period, and come back to Uzbekistan during the period once?

yes

CAHK wrote:It is mentioned that a double entry visa is two 15 days visa, does it mean that I can stay in Uzbekistan for 15 days, then leave for say 10 days, and then comeback to Uzbekistan for another 15 days?
!

It seems the rules have recently changed, as the previous posts in this topic indicate. The double entry visa is now a regular 30-day visa with 2 entries.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

kimomydog

Re: Uzbekistan Multiple Entry Visa: Q&A

Postby kimomydog » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:41 pm

Hey everyone! Since I read so much on Caravanistan and gathered so much helpful information...now that I'm making this trip into a reality, I wanted to give back so that others may benefit :)

I'm going to Uzbekistan early half of October after going through Tajikistan's Pamir Highway. My plan is to be in Uzbekistan for around 15 or so days starting in Samarkand, heading to Temez, night train it to Tashkent, high speed rail it to Bukhara, then end in the Nukus area around the Aral Sea. After, I'll be entering Turkmenistan and check things out there mid October.

I wanted to get a real visa as opposed to the e-visa just because 1) I wanted to get a double/multiple-entry visa in case of border issues with Turkmenistan so that I'm not stuck in no-man's land...2) I wasn't sure if the e-visa process would come online in time...and way less more importantly 3) a cool visa in my passport. :)

Since I'll be leaving the United States in early August, I sent out a completed visa form with my photos and passport with an express mail return envelope and applied for the express visa option. There are two places in the States that a person can get their Uzbekistan visa: 1) Uzbek Embassy in DC and 2) Uzbek Consulate in NYC. Which you send it to depends on where you live in the United States (that information can be found on their websites). Be sure to follow the instructions on the corresponding site as sometimes they appear to conflict. So if you are applying to the consulate in NYC because say you live in New York, then read the instructions on the consulate page...not the embassy page!

Anyways, I sent my application out by express mail through USPS earlier this month (July). Even though it was an express mail return envelope and I paid for the express visa option, I think it took more than two weeks before I finally got my visa in the mail. The delay created a little anxiety (as I'm applying for other visas as well), but I'm glad I got my passport back.

Because I wasn't sure what may happen on my long trip throughout Central Asia, on the visa form, I put a few days ahead before I expect to arrive just in case if I need to get to Uzbekistan sooner for some reason (like if I end up skipping the Pamir Highway or whatever). I then put on the visa document that I was applying for 2 entries for a total of 29 days (I believe it is 15 days per entry...at least that was stated on the form). I put 29 days just in case if something happens, in which I need to stay in Uzbekistan longer than my roughly planned schedule.

Fast forward to today, in my passport, I have 1 visa sticker for Uzbekistan. On the one sticker, it says 2 entries and 29 days, along with the entry date I put and the exit date.

I hope this clarifies things a bit for people! Bon voyage everyone!
1 x

leela

Postby leela » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:08 pm

"It is mentioned that a double entry visa is two 15 days visa, does it mean that I can stay in Uzbekistan for 15 days, then leave for say 10 days, and then comeback to Uzbekistan for another 15 days?"

No. To clarify Stephen's point, you cannot remain in Uzbekistan after 30 days from the date your visa begins.

For instance, I spent 18 days in Uzbekistan, 11 days in Kazhakstan, then flew back from Almaty to Tashkent on day 29, ready to fly home to the UK in the early hours of day 30. It caused a little concern at Tashkent immigration, where I was questioned as to why I was arriving only one day before my visa expired.
2 x

Null

Postby Null » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:13 am

Hi,

I am already in Uzb and I have a single entry Visa. I'm thinking to cross to Tajikistan and come back in about 5 days.

Do someone know if it's possible to upgrade my single entry Visa for Uzbekistan in the border line? Charging another 10 dollars or something

Thank you!
0 x

Null

Postby Null » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Just to update. I checked here with the touristic police and the said is needed a new full Visa process. Normal but not fun for me
0 x

jankowalzig

Postby jankowalzig » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:51 am

Hi there,

my multi-entry visa validity period is 15.09. to 30.11 (as i entered in the form at the embassy). Max duration of stay is 30 days, within that period.

Does anyone know if the 30 days are now counted from the first entry stamp (ie. also counting days outside Uzbekistan before reentering using the multiple-entry allowance of my visa)? Or do I get real 30 days, ie. if I leave after five days in Uzbekistan for say ten days to Tajikistan, do I then have 25 or 15 days left in Uzbekistan?

Thanks for any help!
Jan
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:19 am

Honestly, I am just as confused as you are.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D