Embassy report: Afghanistan visa in Almaty

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Embassy report: Afghanistan visa in Almaty

Post by steven »

Just copying from viewtopic.php?f=3&t=549&start=10#p17017

After friendly discussion they refused to give me tourist visa. They asked LOI, embassy letter and criminal record. I guess if you have one of them you might me lucky.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

halflife

Re: Embassy report: Afghanistan visa in Almaty

Post by halflife »

Very easily got an Afghan visa here, no LOI. Japanese citizens $101 for 1 week processing time, $151 for 2 days processing time but after I went back with my payment receipt they gave my visa the same day. You fill in the visa application form, come prepared with the adress and number of your employer, adress in Afghanistan. 2 4×3cm photos and a letter of personal responsibility required which I wrote on the spot. They also collect your fingerprints in the second floor. 1 month visa 3 month entry.

After they printed my visa I asked why no LOI was required- apparently they usually only issue business visas but from this year they began issuing visas to tourists as well. So recommended for anybody who wants an Afghan visa to give a try here. The consulate is right in front of 'Kazakhfilm biksh' (name in cyrillic) bus stop buses 38, 63, 86, 127 pass through it. The ATф bank for payment is located on opposite side of the same big road, 4 -5 bus stops away to the east. They also charged 758 tenge comission. Working hours Monday-Thursday 10:00-16:00 Friday 10:00-14:00 lunch break 13:00-14:00.

Proof
2 x